Complaint Review: 5/3 Bank 5th/3rd Bank

• Submitted: Mon, September 15, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, July 11, 2009

• Reported By:rockford Illinois
5/3 Bank 5th/3rd Bank
5/3 bank Rockofrd, Illinois U.S.A.

5th/3rd Bank Strikes Again Rockofrd Illinois

*Consumer Comment: ...

*Consumer Comment: Not A Rip Off

*Consumer Comment: edgeman im sure you work for this bank and you get paid to talk ?????????? your cra?

*Consumer Comment: Alternative suggestion...

5/3 BANK STRIKES AGAIN!!! I echo the complaint above to almost the same results; postings bouncing back & forth from debits to credits to debits with overdraft fees to match that are, for whatever reason, unexplainable according to employees of the "bank" ( using the term loosely). Crazy thing is I signed up for overdraft protection 2 months ago. Maybe it doesn't kick in until the season officially changes? Maybe I can call the kids @ sesame st. or romper room to help 5th/3rd with the accounting?

My advice; STAY AWAY unless you like giving away money!!

Tony
rockford, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2008 11:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/53-Bank-5th3rd-Bank/Rockofrd-Illinois-61103/5th3rd-Bank-Strikes-Again-Rockofrd-Illinois-373264. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 5/3 Bank 5th/3rd Bank

...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

"edgeman im sure you work for this bank and you get paid to talk"

No, I do not work for any bank. However, I have noticed that when people cannot have a rational discussion they simply accuse others of working for the bank.

"?????????? your cra?"

What does this mean? I'm not really down with Hip-Hop.

"edgeman do you have your account with this bank oppsssss my bad you dont because you know what your paople do"

I don't have any "paople" but no, I bank with US Bank, Bank of America and a credit union.

"and you help them steel"

Who do I help to steel?

"I work for the Homewood Fire Dep and I got ripped off to this people are scammers and they are getting rich of the people."

How did this people rip you off? Are you aware that your screen name suggests that you work for AutoZone?

"thats why we are in crisis because we go down while 5/3 Bank goes up"

No, we are in a crisis because of zero-down mortgages and the government forcing lenders to give home loans to people who couldn't pay them bank.

"stay away from that bank if you want to save your money ??????????????????????"

Okay, though I'd be willing to bet that I could open an account there and not overdraft.

Not A Rip Off

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Autozone, nobody who comments here works for this or any other bank unless they declare it. The truth is - all banks ar the same - all of them. They all function the same exact way; whatever happened at this bank will happen at the next one and the one after that. The truth is - the OP (and you I would add) don't have the foggiest idea how the process works. Some of us do and so we simply tell you how to avoid this problem. It doesn't make us employees; it makes us knowledgable.

To the OP: overdraft protection would not help you in this position either; many banks institute a transfer fee sometimes equivalent to the OD fee - sometimes less, but it's still a fee. Do yourself a huge favor and don't overdraft. Keep away from your debit card and stick to checks and cash. Keep an accurate check register. I guarantee you that you will not overdraft your account if you utilize these steps I just laid out for you.

You agreed to this: not a rip off.

AUTHOR: Auto Zone Employee - (U.S.A.)

edgeman im sure you work for this bank and you get paid to talk ?????????? your cra? edgeman do you have your account with this bank oppsssss my bad you dont because you know what your paople do and you help them steel. I work for the Homewood Fire Dep and I got ripped off to this people are scammers and they are getting rich of the people. thats why we are in crisis because we go down while 5/3 Bank goes up . stay away from that bank if you want to save your money ??????????????????????

Alternative suggestion...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

I wouldn't suggest hiring kids from Sesame St. However, I do suggest that you stop overdrafting your account. If you stay within your account balance, you will not receive any OD fees.