Complaint Review: 53 Bank FIFTH THIRD BANK

• Submitted: Sat, October 17, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, October 17, 2009

• Reported By: aviatom — USA
18120 Tamiami Trl. North Port, Florida United States of America

53 Bank FIFTH THIRD BANK new name suggestion, FEE THIRD BANK North Port, Florida

I had a 2 personal (checking & saving) accounts and 1 buisness checking account with a local community bank. A few years ago, 53 bank bought them out, fine I thought , no big deal. As time went by FEE THIRD BANK began adding fees and conditions that I never agreed to when I opened my accounts. My fault for letting this go on for this long. I finally moved my accounts to another bank. When I wanted to close my 53 accounts, they tried to charge me $50 per account. Yhey did not win that one. After the accounts were closed 2 eft's came in from insurance policies that I had cancelled. Can you believe this, 53 Bank paid them from a CLOSED account and is trying to charge me for them, plus overdraft fees. The account was closed. I don"t get it, don't they get it "CLOSED" no more transactions. Enough about that. Here is another good one. More than a few times if I new my checking account was getting close, I would transfer funds online from my savings. Sounds simple enough, the transaction would show up, good to go. Then by evening time my transfer was gone and my account overdrawn with them charging me to transfer funds (overdraft protection?), the next day my original transfer would show up. What a racket. I hope t CEO and executives enjoy the fat bonuses and jets you and I bought for them by allowing ourselves to be screwed by this type of corperate greed.

Thanks For Letting Me Vent

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2009 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/53-Bank-FIFTH-THIRD-BANK/North-Port-Florida-34287/53-Bank-FIFTH-THIRD-BANK-new-name-suggestion-FEE-THIRD-BANK-North-Port-Florida-510877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 53 Bank FIFTH THIRD BANK