Complaint Review: 5/3 Bank

• Submitted: Fri, November 30, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, November 30, 2007

• Reported By:Waukegan Illinois
5/3 Bank
Waukegan Rd Waukegan, Illinois U.S.A.

5/3 Bank They charged me $66 in overdraft fees over 25 cent Waukegan Illinois

Ok so I overdrew my account 25 cent and they charged me a $33 overdraft fee. I call customer service I guess in an attempt to see if they could block the overdraft or do somethin. I mean come on you want me to pay you $33 for a overdraft of 25 cent! After being told that there is nothing we can do and I used up my reverse (which I was not aware of I didn't even knew they did that and never asked for it) I go fine I might as well take this one in the a$$. So I say fine I will pay up but I am closing the account down I had also got charged $100 in overdraft fees for 3 seperate over drafts totaling in maybe $5 for a earlier transaction. I was sick and tired of losin all my money over a dollar here and a cent here. They tell me well you have to go to the branch you opened the account at and submit in writing you want to close the account. OK fine.

So I go into my savings account and try and transfer the 25 cent hoping that the overdraft would not hit. The overdraft did not post yet it was only day 2. I figure by maybe some grace of God I would get a break. I end up messin up cause I transfer from checking to savings (the checking account was overdrawn but I had money in my savings). Now I end up being 50 cents overdrawn. I go back into the account literally 2 seconds later and fix it make my checking positive. Again I call customer service and explain to them what I had done. I ask the lady will I be charged for this mistake because again it made my account overdrawn 50 cent. She tells me no. So I breath a sigh of relief.......way to early of course. The next day I check my account online to see if my paycheck was direct deposited to my account and see what the damage was. Only to see I was charged for the transfer mistake they took $66 from me. I call customer service again and I explain to the lady hey I made a mistake but was told I would not have to pay but I did tell her I took responsibility for the first transaction. Again I hear there is nothing we can do. No remorse, no well let me see what I can do. AGAIN THIS WAS ALL OVER 25 CENT!!!!!!! After I tell this lady look you are gonna do somethin about this because it is ridiculous! She finally comes out and says well you can go to the branch you opened your account at and talk to the branch manager thats the only person that can help you. In my head I'm thinkin...."Why did I have to bully you for you to say that!" Now this incident happened today Friday11/30/07 I have not been to the bank yet because I am at work and when I get off the bank will be close so this is.....TO BE CONTINUED.

But you get my drift.

Samantha
Waukegan, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2007 03:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/53-Bank/Waukegan-Illinois/53-Bank-They-charged-me-66-in-overdraft-fees-over-25-cent-Waukegan-Illinois-288051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 5/3 Bank