Complaint Review: 5/3rd Bank Mortgage Company - Fifth Third Bank

• Updated: Thu, May 06, 2010

• Reported By: Carla — Vevay Indiana United States of America
5/3rd Bank Mortgage Company - Fifth Third Bank
5050 Kingsley Drive Cincinnati, Ohio United States of America

5/3rd Bank Mortgage Company - Fifth Third Bank Ricco Eliza, Denied short sale, will not answer my calls, told me to stop eating to save money, told me to stop cleaning my house to save money Cincinnati, Ohio

My mother passed away and I had to move in with my father to care for him.  He passed away about a year later.  I rented out my home because I needed to money to pay the mortgage.  I lost my job and began having financial difficulties.  I had to stop paying payments due to a loss in income.  I asked for someone at Fifth Third to contact me in October of 2009. I tried again in November and no one called me back.  I wrote a letter in December and no one contacted me.  In January I finally got someone on the phone.  They sent me paperwork to request a short sale on the home.  Every two weeks they made me submit the paperwork again saying they never received it, even when I had confimation from my fax that it went.  I got a call from Ellen and she wanted to update my finances. This was in February.  She told me I was eating too much and needed to cut back so I would have more money to pay on my loan.  She also said I needed to stop cleaning my home,that I did not need to buy cleaning supplies monthly.

I was spending $100 a week on groceries.  I do not know where she lives, but, we have one grocery store and it costs $50 per visit most times.  My realtor kept calling and no one would call her back.  I finally got a call on 05/06/2010 that my short sale was denied.  I asked why and they said it is because I am not living in the house.  Ricco Eliza said to go to the Hud website for guidelines and see that I have to live in the house to be approved for a short sale.  I tried and could not find that information.  Finally late in the day I found what I needed.  The guidelines say you have to live there except for a death or loss of job, both of which fit my hardship.  I called back and he refused to discuss it any further.  I told him my brother just sold his HUD home on a short sale and he did not live in the house.  He said he did not care that is the federal guidelines. I tried to call his supervisor, Chris Miller, he will not return my call, or that of my realtor.  I have tried to call again all day today and no one will even answer my call of call me or my realtor back.  I believe this is blatant discrimination and want to know who to contact to get assistance.  These are the rudest people I have ever tried to work with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2010 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/53rd-Bank-Mortgage-Company-Fifth-Third-Bank/Cincinnati-Ohio-/53rd-Bank-Mortgage-Company-Fifth-Third-Bank-Ricco-Eliza-Denied-short-sale-will-not-an-600375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 5/3rd Bank Mortgage Company - Fifth Third Bank