Complaint Review: 5/3rd bank

• Updated: Thu, April 11, 2013

• Reported By: Ann — Salem Indiana
5/3rd bank
5050 Kingsley Drive Internet United States of America

5/3rd bank Will take forever to pay off suv loan thanks to skip a payment, Internet

I received a letter from fifth third bank in nov 2007 saying that I could skip a payment on my suv and I promptly signed the form and sent in back in.  Since I had medical bills that I owed I went ahead and skipped a payment ( I think in Dec 2007).  Well, my vehicle was supposed to be payed off in Jan of this year, so I made the last payment and called the 800 number on the letter I received in 07.  I was unable to contact anyone to speak with concerning my final payment.

They sent me a letter a week or so later and said that I still owed 1,201.99 but that was only for payoff as of 1/19/13 and after that I would be charged 0.28 cents interest per day and if not recieved on or before the 11th of the month I may be charged late charges.  Even though I never paid extra on my loan,  I was NEVER late on a payment.  I still have the letter from 2007 and nothing was said about the ramifications about skipping this one payment.  I had a car loan with another bank several years before and never had this problem when I skipped a payment.  Can a bank legally do this and get away with it?  I'm thinking about consulting an attorney after seeing this website.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/53rd-bank/internet/53rd-bank-Will-take-forever-to-pay-off-suv-loan-thanks-to-skip-a-payment-Internet-1042503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 5/3rd bank