Complaint Review: 555 Diet Challenge

• Submitted: Tue, January 29, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 29, 2008

• Reported By:Grass Valley California
555 Diet Challenge
3531 Memorial Hwy Mandan, North Dakota U.S.A.

555 Diet Challenge Aka Instatrim.com Aka Complete Weightloss Center Unauthorized charge for $29.89 to credit card! Mandan North Dakota

I noticed an unauthorized charge to my credit card today, charged on 1/26/08 while downloading my transaction history. I tried calling but got an recording (may have been calling after their business hours). I had JUST paid off this card so it caught my attention right away, especially since this card was to remain paid off!

Due to the name of the charge - 555 Weightloss Challenge (phone 701-663-8327), I remembered that I signed up for Instatrim.com's weightloss sample almost two years ago since it promised a free weightloss guide (this is from their e-mail confirmation):
"One of your first weight loss challenges is to check out the 5*5*5 Challange - you can lose 5 lbs in the Next 5 Days when you find out the "5 Biggest Mistakes Women Make When Trying To Lose Weight". To find out the 5 mistakes and the "Secrets to success" you must register first, the e-book is limited to one per customer"
I RARELY sign up for this kind of thing (and now I'm really kicking myself for signing up for it at all!!!) so I looked through my transactions - sure enough, I had given Instatrim.com or Complete Weightloss Center my credit card information back in APRIL 2006 - nearly two years ago!! Again, I feel really stupid for letting go of my information, thinking it was a reputable company (I think I got a link for them through MyPoints.com) and can't believe that a company would try to sneak in a charge like this. I am only very thankful that I never sign up for these sorts of things so I knew fairly quickly where this charge originated.

Buyer beware! My creditor is disputing the charge and I'm sure it will all work out - but I certainly wouldn't give Instatrim.com, Complete Weightloss Center OR 555 Weightloss Challenge my credit card, bank or paypal information!

Amy
Grass Valley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2008 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/555-Diet-Challenge/Mandan-North-Dakota-58554/555-Diet-Challenge-Aka-Instatrimcom-Aka-Complete-Weightloss-Center-Unauthorized-charge-fo-304422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 555 Diet Challenge