Henrietta

• Submitted: Thu, December 20, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, December 20, 2007

• Reported By:North Platte Nebraska
555 Diet Challenge
555dietchallenge.com Nationwide, North Dakota U.S.A.

555 Diet Challenge Fraudulent charges, cursing and threatening on phone; had personal information Nationwide North Dakota

I discovered charges of 29.89 from this company on my online banking account. I had never heard of this company before and Googled the phone number that came across my bank account just to see what this company was. The only website I found that might be related to this product leaves no contact information and I could not find an address or listing for this company. I called the number and left a message telling the company that my card was fraudulently charged and I was filing a dispute with my bank. I requested a call back because I was considering pursuing this further.

A man named Paul returned my call, threatening me and referring to me as a deadbeat consumer (used different verbiage)and told me I would be blacklisted from all online consumers. Paul told me that he had been in business for 15 years so if I felt I could afford to take him on or his lawyers go a head and he asked me if all this was worth 29.89. I hope he has not been scamming people for 15 years.

He became extremely irate, cursing at me and what makes matters worse is that he had my personal information. I hung up on him because he was getting verbally abusive. He agreed to refund it, we'll see. My bank is working with me on this. I called my bank and canceled my card. I do not know how he had my personal information but it scares me. He sited an old email address that I have not used in a long time as a contact for me. I am pursuing this with the Better Business Bureau too.

Angry in ne
North Platte, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2007 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/555-Diet-Challenge/Nationwide-North-Dakota/555-Diet-Challenge-Fraudulent-charges-cursing-and-threatening-on-phone-had-personal-info-293207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 555 Diet Challenge