Complaint Review: 7-11 Gas Station

• Submitted: Tue, April 05, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, April 05, 2005

• Reported By:Hollywood Florida
7-11 Gas Station
Corner Griffon Road And Rt. 411 Davie, Florida U.S.A.

7-11 Gas Station Ripoff Charged for gas never pumped Davie Florida

Although this MAY be just a matter of the people behind the cash register not knowing how to read the receipts...

A few days ago, I was at 7-11. I purchased a few food items and got $10 worth of gas on Pump # 4. I went over to the amenities counter and put some relish on the suasages I got, then went outside to the car at the gas pump.

I put my groceries inside the car, then went over to the side of the car, opened up the gas cap, took up the hose for Regular grade of gas, flipped the switch up, put the hose into the car and tried to pump the gas. The pump has reset the price and amount to $0, but nothing was coming out.

I turned off the pump, and went back inside the store and told them that the pump was not working. I was promptly told that I had pumped the gas in full.

Nothing worked with these people. I couldnt convince them that I had not received the gas. They were adamant that I had pumped the gas, even regardless of the fact that at one point one person came OUTSIDE and tried the pump themselves AND COULD NOT GET IT TO PUMP ANY GAS!!!!

And finally, they didnt even care that the car's GAS GAGUE WAS ON EMPTY.

It was a worthless and fruitless attempt to do anything. They gave me a bogus name for the "manager" of the store, who never showed up.

Is the pump faulty? Does it have a timeout in it that someone has to use it within "x" time after the gas amount is recorded or it drops the sale? Was I knowingly ripped off by the tellers? Does anyone actually manage that location?

I have NO CLUE. Anyway, just beware if you stop at this location. Personally, I had never had any problems here before, and this is the very first problem I ever had here. I had even gotten gas from here before in the past without any problems.

Hollywood, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2005 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/7-11-Gas-Station/Davie-Florida-33314/7-11-Gas-Station-Ripoff-Charged-for-gas-never-pumped-Davie-Florida-137653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 7-11 Gas Station