Complaint Review: 7-11 Seven Eleven

• Submitted: Wed, January 24, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, January 12, 2009

• Reported By:Lansdowne Pennsylvania
7-11 Seven Eleven
Margate & Garrett Rd. Upper Darby, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

7-11 Seven Eleven Not permitted to ask employee a question Upper Darby Pennsylvania

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: call coorporate

On the morning of Jan. 24th, 2007, I entered the Seven Eleven for an Orange Juice and a Power Ball ticket. I am 33 and have never played any form of lottery before so I was ignorant as to the procedure. I got a little knowledge before I ventured in so I was very slightly familiar with the how tos.

I asked the clerk for the cost of the tickets. He ignored me. I asked again. He just looked at me. I said, "I'm sorry, perhaps you did not hear me, how much will two tickets cost?" He finally answered. We were the only two on the store floor the entire time.

After asking the clerk to allow the computer to select numbers for the two tickets I asked if I could also manually select a combination of numbers. This man freaked out on me. He began yelling and screaming at me. Thinking that perhaps he thought I didn't want the two tickets that I already purchased I tried to explain that I wanted another ticket in addition to those. He came from around the counter and continued with his hostility.

I told him I felt that he was being very rude and ignorant and I asked for his name so that I could report his behavior to a manager. He refused to give me his name. He postured quite a few times as though he was going to come at me.

I told him that his behavior was very unprofessional and uncalled for. He mumbled some things that I couldn't understand. The only words I could make out were American and stupid.

After leaving I called the location and asked to speak to a manager who told me that his employee explained what happened and that I was rude and arrogant. He continued talking over me until I told him that paying customers should not be subject to his employee's bad day or ill feelings towards any group of people. He said, "Sorry", and hung up on me.

I wouldn't want to offend anyone, but I certainly don't understand how people so easily offend the very people that help keep them in business. There really should be more accountability by employees, managers, and owners.

Dawn
Lansdowne, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2007 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/7-11-Seven-Eleven/Upper-Darby-Pennsylvania/7-11-Seven-Eleven-Not-permitted-to-ask-employee-a-question-Upper-Darby-Pennsylvania-232397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 7-11 Seven Eleven

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

call coorporate

AUTHOR: Steph - (U.S.A.)

Dawn ,
the next time an employee of 7-11 does this to you again call the coorporate office in Dallas @ 18002550711 hope this helps