Complaint Review: 7-11

• Updated: Wed, May 18, 2011

• Reported By: Raymie — vancouver British Columbia Canada
7-11
596 seymour st Vancouver, British Columbia United States of America

7-11 Rude,Obtuse,Unimaginative,totally lacking in common sense Vancouver, British Columbia

*UPDATE Employee: call the 1800#

I went into the store looking for some munchies and saw that they had a display of Doritos chips, different flavours, but all the bags were the same size, and a sign that said 2/$2.50. I grabbed two bags of my favorite Zesty Cheese and went to pay for them

When the clerk rang them up it came to $3.34. I told them that there must be a mistake, thay were on sale 2/$2.50. He replied that there was tax on top of that.

I said that I shouldn't be charged 84 cents on two-fifty, that at 12 cents a dollar it only came out to 30 cents. A second clerk intergected with the comment that I had to pay tax on the regular price not the sale price. I told them that 84 cents is the tax i'd be paying on a $7.00 purchase.

The first clerk said that that was what the computer said and that it was never wrong. I told them that machines were not infallible and to try and just use their own minds. They said, no the computer is always right.

The second clerk told the first clerk to give me my $5.00 back, which is what I'd used for the purchase and had refused the change when it was first rung up. After returning my money they took the bags of chips off the counter and told me to leave.

I asked for the receipt saying I was going to report them to someone and after leaving I looked at it and saw that I had been charged $1.49 for each bag, so I went back and told them that I had been charged the wrong price. I was told the computer is never wrong, and I said that they were suppose to on for $1.25. They then said that there was no sale that the sign was a mistake and then took it down and told me to leave the store again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2011 08:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/7-11/Vancouver-British-Columbia-/7-11-RudeObtuseUnimaginativetotally-lacking-in-common-sense-Vancouver-British-Columb-724949. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 7-11

call the 1800#

AUTHOR: msmontecarlo - (USA)

Call the corporate in Dallas@18002550711