Complaint Review: 7-11

• Updated: Mon, January 06, 2014

• Reported By: Walter — San Jose California
7-11
1408 N. 1st St. San Jose, California USA

7-11 Seven-Eleven For sale: Useless , Already-Expired Cell Phone And Minutes ! San Jose California

*Author of original report: Stacey-

*Consumer Comment: Let me get this straight

On November 9 , 2013 (I still have the receipt as well as the item itself .) I bought a Boost cell phone (with a Motorola battery) and minutes for it at the 7-11 which I have listed here . I spent at least $149.00 on it .When I tried later , first on-line and then via the manufacturers' 800 number , to get the phone online ~ I found out that Boost no longer supported the phone , and had not since June 30th of 2013 ! It was simply a hunk of junk , and the minutes for it simply a theory . It should never have been sold in the first place , as the manufacturer no longer backed it it up , and had not backed it up for more that four months .

However , the 7-11 sold it to me nonetheless - Then , when i came back , with the original phone + receipt in toe , whoever I spoke to at the 7-11 would say " So-and-so " (the manager) isn't in Z" Or , even when said manager was in , " We don't have the money for it " and tell me to come back at a later time .This happened again & again , with me trying to get a refund for my $149.00/plus of useless metal & plastic & minutes , with the 7-11 staff repeatedly saying " Oh , we don't have it " . I have been in and out of Santa Clara Hospital during this period for diabetic infections that I am hoping to avoid amputation for , as well as being homeless and diagnosed with Aspergers' Syndrome/High Functioning Autism ~ I need this money VERY much ,- please give it back to me , 7-11 Crorp.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2014 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/7-11/San-Jose-California-95112/7-11-Seven-Eleven-For-sale-Useless-Already-Expired-Cell-Phone-And-Minutes-San-Jose-C-1113380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 7-11

Stacey-

AUTHOR: Walter L. - ()

-......a cellphone is , essentially , a necessity today , and (with a bit of extra monay I had) I tried to get one , a very basic one , so that I could be contacted and give a proper phone number , and try to get help & myself .

The phone I bought at 7-11 was a very basic one - Of xcourse , it turned out to be basic JUNK , but anyway !!!!!!!!!

Stacey , do you work for 7-11 or are uou free-lance hoping forome free pizza slices and wings ?

Let me get this straight

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

"  I have been in and out of Santa Clara Hospital during this period for diabetic infections that I am hoping to avoid amputation for , as well as being homeless and diagnosed with Aspergers' Syndrome/High Functioning Autism" yet you have money to buy a cellphone and internet access?? SO where did you get the money to buy this phone????