Complaint Review: 7-eleven

• Reported By: Cristine — Everett Washington United States of America
7-eleven
12720 4th Avenue West, # G Everett, Washington United States of America

7-eleven Don't expect help from 7-eleven if you are fat Everett, Washington

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: call the corporate office

*Consumer Comment: Shame On 7-Eleven

*General Comment: 7 eleven throwdown

*Consumer Comment: You weren't ripped off...but

*Consumer Comment: How is this a ripoff?

*Consumer Comment: are you serious??

I was recently at my local 7-eleven off of 4th ave in S. Everett when a girl in a blue blazer in front of me parked in between the pumps.  I rolled down my window and asked if she would please move up a little.  She said something to the effect if I would not move my double chins around so much then I would have room.  We got into a verbal sparing match in the parking lot.  While entering into the 7-eleven she said I spit on her and demanded the employees of the 7-eleven call the police.  I was shocked but decided I better wait for the police.  I asked Moe (clerk #1) if he would ring me up that I would be happy to leave my license with him and that I was not leaving and I also wanted to put $20.00 in gas on #1 he ignored me.  When the girl who had accused me of spitting on her went to the counter and purchased her drink and also had gas put on her pump Moe had no problem ringing up a skinny pretty blond.  I asked him why he would ring her up and not me and he ignored me.  The girl came back inside and was telling both employees that I spit on her, and why do fat girls always think they can fight and she made another comment of me being fat to another clerk, Karen, I said to her, "Shut up B**ch".  Karen yelled at me and told me to watch my mouth, I looked at Karen and said what about her?  I was ignored again.  When the cops did show up the employees admitted they had not seen me spit on the girl.   After the cops left I then went back into the store and asked for the store manager.  When I was told he was not here I asked for the clerks name and the number to the store manager.  He would not give me that information.  I asked why not? He asked me why I needed such information.  I said I did not like his treatment of me.  The other clerk Karen walked over and then gave me a receipt and said I could call that number.  I asked for their names.  She gave them to me.  When I asked for the store managers name she said I was being disruptive and if I did not leave immidiatly she would call the police.  When I called that number on the receipt Karen answered the phone and I asked for the manager.  She said he was on vacation, I asked for the district manager and she said she knew who I was, said that I had spit on that poor girl and said I would have to go through the proper chanels and hung up on me.  I called awhile later and Moe answered the phone saying he was the store manager.  When I said no you are not he said that if I came to the store again they would call the cops saying I was harrasing them. Where do I go from here?  What would you guys do?  I have been going to that 7-eleven for three years and nothing like this has ever happened to me.  I honestly feel that if I was skinny that I would not have been treated like such trash.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2010 08:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/7-eleven/Everett-Washington-98204/7-eleven-Dont-expect-help-from-7-eleven-if-you-are-fat-Everett-Washington-602274. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 7-eleven

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

call the corporate office

AUTHOR: Steph - (USA)

Cristine,

Call this # 18002550711 this is thier corporate office # I used to work @ 711 in Palm Bay, Fl and there is no reason for what happened to you.

Shame On 7-Eleven

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

Shame on 7-Eleven. What a stupid company! You probably spend 3 or 4 times as much as the skinny chick at 7-Eleven. I can't beleive those employees would treat such a valuable customer in such a manner. They should be terminated and you should be awarded a year's worth of Big Gulps.

#3 General Comment

7 eleven throwdown

AUTHOR: BobWeAddaBabyEetsABoy - (USA)

First off let me say your actually lucky! I know in some states you can actually be arrested for spitting on someone. The charge you ask? ASSAULT! just because Diseases can be transmitted through bodily fluids (I know this is "common" sense) but yes you can be charged with assault, Just the same way someone who has AIDS or HIV can be charged with attempted murder if they fail to inform someone that they are infected with these diseases before having sexual relations with them. So again, Discriminated against? I think not! Lucky? YES!! also.....go online and find numbers to 7eleven's corporate office, they can do more to help you. or if you'll look in that particular store the food service permits have to be posted in an easily visible area to all customers (health requirement guidelines) and you can get the store owners name and maybe he can help you even more. Now one thing you failed to say is whether or not a police report was filed on the incident.

You weren't ripped off...but

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

You may have been discriminated against. Maybe the 7/11 workers were "fattests".

A class action suit should be a piece of cake (no pun intended) as 63.1% of adults in the U.S. were either overweight or obese according the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index pole in 2009.

If there were no eye witnesses or cameras that can prove you spit on the skinny girl, there was no reason for them to automatically take her side.

We live in a superficial country, and America in particular endorses a media that portrays a body image that is nearly impossible to attain. Bottom line..and proven in study after study..pretty people have it easier and get more respect.

Maybe it should be looked into, this case could be as popular as the airlines charging 2 seats because the passenger is fat. Maybe they just need bigger seats if the majority of America is fat..wouldn't that be the more logical thing to do? Should I be given a discounted airline ticket because I am skinny? Or be able to accuse someone of spitting on me and my word is taken over the other because they are fat?

How is this a ripoff?

AUTHOR: David - (USA)

This report is so stupid and petty. I quote from your title 7-eleven Don't expect help from 7-eleven if you are fat. Are you serious?

So you were in a altercation with another customer and the employees wouldnt ring you up, but rang up the, and I quote from your report, Moe had no problem ringing up a skinny pretty blond. Since you say you have been going to that 7-Eleven for three years, it seems like you have a reputation with the employees, as a mean, argumentative person who uses their weight as an excuse.

You asked the employees to call the police and they did. Its not their job to referee your fight with another customer. They get paid minimum wage and could care less about your verbal fight with someone else.

You should have been an adult about the situation and not let your anger control you. I dont see any ripoff here. Next time this happens, dont report it on ripoff report.com, try writing a blog on facebook or myspace.

You asked what we would do. I would just let it go and move on with my life. Life is too short for this BS.

Have a nice day.

are you serious??

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

I don't see a rip off - You got into a verbal altercation with this person then proceeded to call her a derogatory name - SO you lose