Complaint Review: 716 Services / Allen P. McCarty ESQ. Attorney

• Submitted: Wed, December 03, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, April 07, 2009

• Reported By:Hudson Wisconsin
716 Services / Allen P. McCarty ESQ. Attorney
2430 Delaware Ave Buffalo, New York U.S.A.

716 Services / Allen P. McCarty ESQ. Attorney THEY ARE STILL AT IT!!! Buffalo New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Similar situation

*Consumer Suggestion: to get out of it

It all started at my work. They called me first telling me about how I can get 7 magazines a month and just pay $26 every 3 months. I thought awesome I enjoy magazines. I agreed.

Next there sales person came in to have me sign paperwork that he kept insisting I already knew the information it was the same that I recieved over the phone. "Just sign" he kept repeating. So I did and he explained I could cancell at any time it was fine.

Well, as soon as he left I read the paperwork to find that was NOT the case. They have a 3 day cancellation policy, so I called IMMEDIATLY(within the hour he left) and explained that I did not want this service ESPECIALLY after I seen that I would be paying over $700 after it was done AND recieving a bill every month!

I was told that I was cancelled and everything was fine. It was NOT! Next I recieved 2 magazines in the mail from them (not evern ones I picked out!!) so I called them and was told that I could NOT cancel and that I did NOT call to cancel previously so I was stuck in the contract.

I told them that I was told the conversation was recorded so they should be able to hear that I had infact canelled previously. They hung up.

Next was the constant harrassing of the employees at the company telling me that I have to pay, this will go to court, we will contact your employer and inform them to dock your pay to pay us, etc. Vey Abusive!

Now I am being contacted by a woman named Carmen from the Attorneys office of Allen P McCarty ESQ. and they are taking me to court whether or not I can get to NEW YORK for the court date and they will Obviously win and take MORE than what I owe!! She even went as far as to give me a case number (not sure if it is a real case number)! Carmen is NOW claiming that she is an attorney and THIS will be going to court.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP CAN THIS REALLY BE THAT THEY ARE RIGHT AND I AM STILL STUCK IN CONTRACT?

Jaci
Hudson, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2008 10:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/716-Services-Allen-P-McCarty-ESQ-Attorney/Buffalo-New-York-14216/716-Services-Allen-P-McCarty-ESQ-Attorney-THEY-ARE-STILL-AT-IT-Buffalo-New-York-397389. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 716 Services / Allen P. McCarty ESQ. Attorney

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Mkirkwood - (U.S.A.)

I was also a victim of one of these "great" magazine offers. I tried to cancel my order over the phone (within the same hour), but I was told that I could not cancel. I was receiving a minimum of 5 phone calls from an "unknown caller" on my cell phone. The harrassing calls and threats from the company became a total nightmare. It makes me afraid to answer calls from numbers that I am not familiar with. As of today, I am happy to report that I am finally rid of the company that scammed me. This is what I did:

The mistake that we both made was that we called the company to cancel. This never works. After a lot of research I have learned that in order to cancel something, it is best to send the request to cancel in writing and to do it as certified mail. The letter must be postmarked within the allowed time period. Most states have a law that allows a 72 hour cancellation period. Check your state's regulations.

Also, as you probably have already figured out, never sign something that you have not read.

What you need to do is gather your facts and file a complaint with your state Attorney General. Also, if you have a bill with the company's information, you can look them up on the BBB website to see if they are a member of the Better Business Bureau. File a complaint with them as well. Only use the facts when you write them. When I was going through this, I also submitted a complaint with the Federal Trade Commision. I later learned that the Attorney general also submitted my complaint to them so they received the complaint twice.

I received a reply just today explaining that my account was in the process of being canceled and that any future billing statements may be disregarded. I have this in the form of a letter and an email, so if they try to collect from me again, I have proof that they agreed to cancel. My nightmare is finally over!

Finally, this "attorney" that is trying to call you is not real. Large companies generally just turn you over to a collection agency and do not want to deal with the time or the legal fees associated with hiring a lawyer and going to court for one customer. Can you imagine how many people are probably going through this same situation. They could not afford to take every single customer that has not paid their bill to court. That is completely ridiculous.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

to get out of it

AUTHOR: Kurt - (U.S.A.)

nothing will happen to you you need to call the magazines and cancel them yourself tell them what they are charging you and they will get there money back don't pay anythung ever allen p mccarty is a real attorney but doesn't work for them icalled him one time and his assiant had no record of me or case file it is all a lie carmen doesn't work for a attorney either