Complaint Review: 716 Services - Seven-One-Six Services,

• Reported By: mparker — Davenport Iowa United States of America
716 Services - Seven-One-Six Services,
2430 Delaware Avenue Internet United States of America

716 Services - Seven-One-Six Services, Wish I would have known Internet

They did it to me exactly as described below. Sounded like a fine deal.  I am just starting to get the harrassing  home calls; they began within 3 days after I agreed to do this with a "lower" price of $14.95. The calls continued until recently when I spoke back, "who are you, what company do you call from and your phone number please?" He shouted "I'm going to send you to collections." Within 1 business day I am receiving calls from "collections." These will escalate as indicated by others' experiences. I am trying to record all conversations now. When they call, they refuse to actually name a company, provide their full name and a phone number. Sometimes the calls are blocked. I am, unfortunately, paid in full.

What I want to know is what everyone did after the calls started....did the calls eventually stop? I contacted all my financial institutions, lifelock, and credit reporting agencies.  I have contacted the Iowa AG and I plan to contact NY AG to report these events. I had hoped to avoid telling my "references" but it sounds like I'll have to fess up to others about my stupidity and ask them to disregard the threatening messages. This is a seriously bad company that should be stopped and I wish I could contact some of you to find out how--or if--it all ended, and how long it took, attorney fees, etc.  I am considering changing our phone number. I am confident they cannot "get" me with garnishing wages, etc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2010 08:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/716-Services-Seven-One-Six-Services/internet/716-Services-Seven-One-Six-Services-Wish-I-would-have-known-Internet-587648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 716 Services - Seven-One-Six Services,