Complaint Review: 716 Services

• Submitted: Wed, January 18, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, January 18, 2006

• Reported By:Lindley New York
716 Services
2430 Delaware Ave. Buffalo, New York U.S.A.

716 Services ripoff magazine sales telemarketing harassment threats Buffalo New York

Well, here's another naive person duped by the "magazine telemarketers". I, as well was scammed into subscribing to their services. Initially I thought it was too good to be true, but since they were so persistant at telemarketing me at work, I went ahead and ordered. They accepted my first payment, cleared the check through the bank, and 2 months later, tada, still no magazines.

During that second month, one of their friendly collectos called me to find out where there payment was, and I assured her that I would NOT pay them, since I had yet to recieve even one magazine. She assured me it was a delay on the part of the publishers. Sure enough, 2 weeks later, my postal service is bombarded with 2 months worth of outdated magazines, that I should have just bought at the store, (so as to keep up with things in a timely fashion). Needless to say, it is now 5 months later, and aside from the outdated magazines, I have yet to recieve anything more, except..........

I get their phone calls, explaining to me that they are lawyers working on behalf of 716 services, and that somewhere in the fine print of their subscription agreement, it states that I am agreeing to go to court in Buffalo, should I default on my payments to them. I have explained to them my issues with their service, and that I do not have the astronomical amount of money they are asking for. They then have had telemarketers call claiming to be from the city court office. Imagine that, and they have a toll free number. The court office? Not according to anyone who works at the court building. So, in response to "716 services" daring represent the 716 area, shame on you. And who ever heard of a single mother of three going to court or jail over a default on such a scam. Should any of their magazines ever arrive, I will send them to their address. In addition, I would like to know how I could be considered a default, when they never even held up their end of the deal.?. Whos enjoying my magazines? Hopefully the asanine law firm that would represent such a company!!!!!!!!!!

Lindley, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2006 04:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/716-Services/Buffalo-New-York-14216/716-Services-ripoff-magazine-sales-telemarketing-harassment-threats-Buffalo-New-York-172251. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 716 Services