• Report: #1119820

• Updated: Fri, January 31, 2014

• Reported By: Larry — Modesto California
15821 Ventura Blvd, Suite 280, Encino, California USA

800Loanmart Car title loan rip off Encino California

In July 2013 I got a car title loan from this company because I was desperate and had some bills that needed to be paid immediately.  When I first called, I told them that I only wanted to borrow $700.  They said I qualified for $3,300 but I told them I didn't want that much, just needed $700.  They pushed me into borrowing $2,600 which I later found out was the amount they needed me to borrow in order to take full advantage of the loop in California law with title loans.  Anyway, out of desperation I did it.  My payment was $289 per month.  I lost my job and have been collecting unemployment.  This is the only income I had to make the payments.

On December 28,2013, Congress let the federal unemployment extensions expire which left me with no income.  Currently they are trying to extend the benefits and it should start again within the next couple of weeks.  With no income I have not been able to keep up with the payments.  I called the company and explained my situation to them and was told that there was nothing they could do and they wanted to pick up the vehicle.  I tried to explain to them mu situation and told them when my benefits are reinstated that I would be able to pay off the loan.  They said they wouldn't do it.

During this time I could hear people in the background laughing.  They were enjoying this.  They say that they want to help as long as you talk to them and keep them informed of your situation, but that is a flat out lie.  They told me that everything that I have paid so far was all interest.  I have paid them over $1200 in the last 6 months on a $2500 loan.  This company takes advantage of people with hardships.  They charge interest rates thar should be illegal and if you fall behind, they take your vehicle.  Calling them for a loan was the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life.  Something needs to be done.  This should be illegal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2014 07:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/800Loanmart/Encino-California-91436/800Loanmart-Car-title-loan-rip-off-Encino-California-1119820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 800Loanmart