Complaint Review: 86th Street Photo And Video

• Updated: Tue, December 09, 2008

• Reported By:Overland Park Kansas
86th Street Photo And Video
http://www.86photovideo.com/contact_us.asp Internet U.S.A.

86th Street Photo And Video Call to "Further Verify" Order - Cancelled for no apparent reason Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: But is this a "ripoff?"

12/7/08: I ordered a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 camera, with shipping total $228.99 on 12/7/2008 through website, and same day received e-mail stating: Dear SAM L Thank you for your order from 86th Street Photo & Video - Order # 600325-W. Your order is currently:Processing.

12/8/08: 6pm, received e-mail stating: "Order # 600325-W

Dear SAM L,
We thank you for choosing 86th St. Photo & Video as your choice for all your photographic equipment.
In order to further verify your order, we will need to speak with you on the phone. Please call our Verification department at 1-800-815-2040 Ext. 203 Steve so we may verify and complete processing your order.
If you have already called and confirmed your order, you may disregard this request.

Holiday Extended Business Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 9:30AM to 10:00PM(EST)
Friday: 9:30AM to 3:00PM(EST)
Saturday: 6:00PM to 9:00PM
Sunday: 9:30AM to 9:00PM(EST)

Once again,
Thank you for choosing 86th St. Photo & Video."

12/9/08: I called the number and talked to Steven, who said I should receive my order within 3-4 weeks and hung up. Immediately after hangup at about 9:15am, I received the following e-mail, cancelling the order:

Order # 600325-W
Dear SAM L
Your order with our company has been cancelled. Your credit card has not been billed. All your sensitive data were deleted from our system.
86th Street Photo & Video.

Please do not reply to this email. To contact us please visit our site and fill out the form at http://www.86photovideo.com/contact_us.asp.

In retrospect, I believe that my initial response to Steven's question: "Please confirm your shipping address" was to say "What information do you show?" triggered a termination--although instead of saying he was cancelling my order--he said I should receive the order within 3-4 weeks.

Sam
Overland Park, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2008 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/86th-Street-Photo-And-Video/internet/86th-Street-Photo-And-Video-Call-to-Further-Verify-Order-Cancelled-for-no-apparent-rea-399489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 86th Street Photo And Video

#1 Consumer Suggestion

But is this a "ripoff?"

AUTHOR: Terrance - (U.S.A.)

This seems to be a case of a misunderstanding or miscommunication. Sometimes people make mistakes. This business gained nothing by cancelling your order, in fact, it probably cost them money.