Complaint Review: 86th Street Photo & Video

• Updated: Fri, January 11, 2008

• Reported By:Oswego Illinois
86th Street Photo & Video
86photovideo.com Internet U.S.A.

86th Street Photo & Video - 86th Street Photo Misleading Regarding Canon SX100 Digital Camera Internet

I was in the market to purchase a new Canon Power Shot SX100 camera for my daughter & her husbnd. In searching the internet, I came across 86th St. Photo & Video. I could not believe how low their price was for this camera. However, I now know why! Two days after placing the order via their web-site I received an e-mail advising I had to call 86th St. Photo & talk with Steve in order to further process my order. I called Steve, went into his voice mail & left a message. Two days later, no response from Steve. I called him again, this time reaching him live. He tried to sell me two rechargable batteries as well as a battery charger for $99.00. I "passed". He said my camera would ship in 2 to 3 weeks & hung up on me. I waited a day & called their customer service dept to find out why the camera, which on their web-site said was in stock & would ship in 2 to 3 days, was not going to ship for 2 to 3 weeks. The customer service representative advised the camera was not in stock & again said the camera would ship in 2 to 3 weeks. Before I could discuss cancelling my order as I did not want to wait this long, the customer service rep. hung up on me! I called back to customer service again. The voice prompt advised I would be on hold for approx. 5 minutes. After 22 minutes of waiting, I hung up. I can only hope the camera eventually does ship to me. I would strongly suggest NOT ordering anything from this company!

Dave
Oswego, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2008 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/86th-Street-Photo-Video/internet/86th-Street-Photo-Video-86th-Street-Photo-Misleading-Regarding-Canon-SX100-Digital-Cam-299092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 86th Street Photo & Video