Knife

• Reported By:San Diego California
86th Street Photo & Video
www.86photovideo.com Internet U.S.A.

86th Street Photo & Video SCAM ARTISTS, RIP-OFF Internet

WHAT A SCAM. I should have read everyone's reviews on this merchant before I bought. I ordered a Canon SD870 IS Camera on the phone that was listed at $209. Quite a deal, so I thought. After having to push # to continue to hold for about 10 minutes, I finally reached someone who told me to order over the phone, rather than online, because of the website being backed up. He was nice, and tried to get me to buy the over-priced accessories, which I told him I would get somewhere else. Later that day, I received an e-mail stating that the camera was on a 3-4 week backorder.

I called back and was on hold for 30 minutes to make sure that the other color camera was also on backorder, which was bluntly told to me, yes. I decided that the price was worth waiting for, until 3 days later, when I received another e-mail saying that it was temporarily out of stock for 5-6 weeks from the date of that e-mail.

This is when I started reading about the company from reviews online. I saw that they con you into buying the overpriced accesories to make up for the low cost of the camera. If you do, they can call it a bundle and get it to you right away. If you don't, they basically force you to want to cancel your order by saying the camera as an individual sale is out of stock, when they have the camera the whole time, only to sell it as a "bundle".

So, I cancelled my order like the instructions in their e-mail stated, informed my credit card company and proceded to order the camera from a five-star merchant; buydig.com. It shipped with in 2 days and was still a bargin at $309, which included my shipping.

The thing that really set me off about this 86th Street Video is when they sent me another e-mail, after I already cancelled, saying that from the date of the e-mail, it would be another 5-6 weeks for my order, but I already cancelled... which I'm glad I did. I sent back another e-mail in oversized font stating once again to cancel my order and that it was the second time I was doing this. This company is a scam indeed. NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM! I just hope that my personal information hasn't been compromised. BUYERS BEWARE!

Tjforjt
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2007 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/86th-Street-Photo-Video/internet/86th-Street-Photo-Video-SCAM-ARTISTS-RIP-OFF-Internet-287702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 86th Street Photo & Video