Complaint Review: 86th Street Photo & Video

• Updated: Wed, January 21, 2009

• Reported By:Lutz Florida
86th Street Photo & Video
86photovideo.com Nationwide U.S.A.

86th Photo And Video, 86th Street Photo & Video Tried adding additional products and lied! Brooklyn new york

I recieved an email from this company today stating that I needed to call and review my order. I had ordered a camera for $214 total, shipping included. The man on the phone tried to tell me that I needed another battery (4 Hour)because the one that comes with it will last only 20 minutes. He also went on to say that I could get a 2GB HD memory card also. My total order would now be $499. I explained that I couldn't afford that so he puts me on hold and comes back to say it'll be $449 and he will throw in a camera case also.

Once off the phone with him I'm totally confused and upset so I call cannon to find out that the battery life on the camera is much longer and they don't make a 4 hour battery for the camera I ordered. Now I'm on the phone with my husband and he's ticked.

I call back 86th photo and video explaining to the man that I want to cancel the extra products and get the original item that was ordered for $214. He tells me it's too late and that the products are processed. I explain to him that if I receive them I will have to send them all back. He gets nasty and tells me I would have to pay a restocking fee and that it's too late, have a nice day, and hangs up. By this time I am FUMING!

I call back again knowing I am speaking to the same guy and ask for a supervisor. He tries to change his voice and ask what I need. I explain to him that my husband wants all the extras taken off of my order or he is going to make me send it all back. He then says okay it'll be taken care of. So I end the conversation with, "My credit card will only be charged $214, right?" and he says yes!

So now I sit and look online at this company and find these other emails stating the same thing has happened to them. The sad part is that it's been going on for a while because some of the dates are December 2007. I have NEVER had anything like this happen to me and I do alot of online ordering. Stated on their website is a 5 star A+ customer rating. Guess that's a bunch of BS! Now I have to sit and see if I get the camera and exactly what my card will be charged. Very upset and disgusted!

Tiger
Lutz, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2009 05:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/86th-Street-Photo-Video/nationwide/86th-Photo-And-Video-86th-Street-Photo-Video-Tried-adding-additional-products-and-lied-414615. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 86th Street Photo & Video