This is a long report but I want to pass on my troubles so you do not find yourself wasting time repeating the same exercise!
I have been quite unhappy with our current IP Phone provider and so I was on the hunt for a VoIP provider. I came across 8X8 and I was impressed with the reviews and companies they claim to have as accounts. I learned that they use equipment that is highly respected within the industry. Frankly, I thought my business would not qualify as we are a company of 7 employees. Phone are our life line so it is critical that we sign on with the best possible provider we can afford.
Late Fall - 2012 I made contact with a rep, 'Dan' - amazing presence and a superlative professional...I wanted to hire the kid for our company! As we say in sales Dan seemed to get my problems ... "understood what our pain was ( is)"!
JUMP TO LATE 2012
Dan had informed me of end-of-year close outs on the equipment, POLYCOM 550 units for $75 ea. This was an amazing opportunity for me as I was trying to better our company's cash flow. Going with 8X8 I could reduce our yearly telephony obligation from nearly $14,000 a year to $5000 to $6000 - quite a savings! Dan knew that I had to achieve a few things before I could sign on; Get out of my lease payments for the current AVAYA handsets we were carrying and my current supplier conveniently forgot to alert me of the anniversary date for my services renewal.
DECEMBER 20 2012
Dan was persistent in staying 'in touch', but polite and seemed like a true listener - always assured me that I should not feel any pressure that I should take me time. Last week of December came and Dan called with a most extraordinary opportunity...8X8 was offering an amazing rebate program that basically would allow me to acquire the handsets for free. Dan also 'cleared it with his manager' that taking in consideration of my difficulties in severing my ties with my current provider 8X8 would allow me to 'test trial' the system for 30 to 45 days' . . .
- Shipment to my office and if needed back to 8X8 would be covered by 8X8
- No restocking fees, etc...
- Even the upfront cost of taxes and surcharges would be refunded!
Just too hard to say no even though the maxim, "If it is too good to be true chances are it is so run!"....
THE REASON WHY I AM WRITING TO "RIP OFF"
- It is now early February 2013 and I am concerned about what I have gotten myself into!?!?!?
- As soon as the phones arrived trying to reach Dan was like waiting for an act by Congress!
- The so called 'set-up the system 'call with a technician was abysmal, insulting - the most unprofessional experience I have encountered with regards this kind of process.
- Dan could careless about what I encountered.
- After many of my irrate emails to Dan...he should his hand, "Look Tony what do you want from me 8X8 pays me to sell - period" . . . the Ah-ha light went on. Dan is no different than the sharks who push penny stocks on unsuspecting guppies!
- I do not care that I have not really had a chance to really test the 8X8 system, The actual phones seem good. They are NOT NEW as Dan claims they are. I can tell and will not divulge how I know but I do know that these are refurbished units!
- With such amazingly ABHORRENT unprofessional experiences before the honeymoon was even getting started I can not imagine what a real relationship might be like if we found ourseleves in serious trouble.
- I need solutions and reliable resources...DO NOT CONSIDER 8X8 if these are needs high on your list!!!! If you want to take a chance have fun and go for it.
- Stay tuned to how I make out with the phone returns!!!!