Complaint Review: 8x8 VoiP service

• Reported By: dissatisfied in VA — Mineral Virginia United States of America
8x8 VoiP service
San Jose, California United States of America

8x8 VoiP service horrid! San Jose, California

For days I was hounded to buy service from an 8x8 sales person & finally, after apparently not enough research, I succumbed to their lies about prompt customer service & bought a phone which

A.  Could never be used with our current computer system
B.  Was 'possibly defective' according to the sales person who wanted to convince me their horrid service was worth keeping
C.  No tech person ever phoned to help install even when I came to work an hour early so as not to miss his call (the phone never rang!)

This company lies repeatedly about what they've done/will do.  After the 2nd day of no phone calls even though the salesperson 'rescheduled' appointments, I phoned to cancel the service.  I was told I would have an e-mail the next day telling me how to send the phone back and providing an RMA # for the return.  After ten days, I am still calling every day to find out where the e-mail is, how to return the phone & how to stop the payment from my bank acct. despite the fact that I cancelled well within the 30 days.  It appears they attempt to drag things past the 30 days so you can't get out of the deal.  My next call will be to the Better Business Bureau!  No wonder people don't want to 'buy American'!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2012 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/8x8-VoiP-service/San-Jose-California-95131/8x8-VoiP-service-horrid-San-Jose-California-958434. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 8x8 VoiP service