Complaint Review: 8x8

• Updated: Mon, October 01, 2012

• Reported By: Manoj — Yorkville Illinois United States of America
8x8
San Jose, California United States of America

8x8 Packet 8 Ripped of customer by adding the service which was unaware of since March 2011 San Jose, California

*Author of original report: Company will cooperate to refund of all charges

On behalf of my company i have contacted packet 8 (now they called 8X8, Inc) to add 2 new phone lines in March 2011. I called first sales department and later transferd to a sales guy who handle my copmany account. He added the line and at the same time trying to sale their additional product which is called pro bundle package "I just heard this name couple of days ago".  He was telling me to try that service, since I already had that service from different company i told him to add phone lines only. Then he send me the documents via email to sign it to authorize them to charge my credit card for the payment. The amount for the 2 phone lines and the sets was correct then.

later on 28 sept when i called 8x8 tech support on 28 Sept since my phone was not working. While i was talking to Tech guy, that time only i knew that compnay is charging almost $220.00 for first 3 months and $ 180.00 afterwards  every month since April 2011. My accounant verify the invoice and the amount charge in my company credit card so i never knew they are charging more for the serice which i never used and never authurized until i had a problem in my own extension. I then check the invoice of March 2011 i realize that sales guy put that service called pro bundle witout my approval and consent.

I totally felt i was ripped of by the company by charging my credit card for the service that i never wanted and never used. I am in the process of getting the appointment from my lawer to take necessary action against the company and changing my service to another company.

If you are the current customer of 8x8 please check your invoice in details every time, who knows they might have doing the same thing to you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2012 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/8x8/San-Jose-California-95131/8x8-Packet-8-Ripped-of-customer-by-adding-the-service-which-was-unaware-of-since-March-201-948989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 8x8

Company will cooperate to refund of all charges

AUTHOR: Manoj - (United States of America)

Just had word with the company supervisor, since i haven't used this service at all and was unaware of the service added in my bill, they are cooperating the refund back the full amount which they charged earlier.

It's good to know that they don't want to lose their client and prove themselves that they are good in customer service.

Manoj