Complaint Review: 99 Cents Only Store

• Submitted: Fri, June 20, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 20, 2008

• Reported By:kent Washington
99 Cents Only Store
4000 Union Pacific Ave Commerce, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 323-323-3535
  • Web:
  • Category: Racists

99 Cents Only Store corporate racism and discrimination Commerce California

I own a small business that design and sell positive wear for the youth,I contaced buyers marthe lopez,vivian son and julian george concerning possibly becoming a supplier with their company,at that time I was asked to send over information on the company. At that time I sent over a power point presentation to Julian and Martha.Julian is the stationery buyer and Martha is the softline buyer,after looking at the presentation,I was contacted via-e-mail by Martha Lopez,at that time she told me that she liked my products and could I send her samples,I agreed and mailed them to the corporate office in Commerce California.about one week later I contacted julian and martha lopez by phone,at that time I was told that their customer base is hispanic and they could not buy products that did not reflect their customers,Martha went as far as telling me that in order for them to buy from my company,I would have to make products with hispanic children on them,so as a result of that they could not do business with us,at that time I told her that all americans shop at the 99 cents only store,not just hispanics and felt that that was un-fair to practice that kind of business.After that conversation I asked for my samples to be returned,julian returned the spiral notebook samples that I sent over via U.P.S. on June 17,2008,after opening the box I realized that my t-shirts were not in there with the rest of my samples,I place a call to Martha Lopez to ask her where my samples were,at that time she stated that her office was a mess and she would send them to me when she finds them,I have not recieved a phone call back or had the rest of my products returned back to me yet.how can I get help,I have left several messages with her supervisor by the name of Mike B. but have been contacted yet.

Denita
kent, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2008 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/99-Cents-Only-Store/Commerce-California-90023/99-Cents-Only-Store-corporate-racism-and-discrimination-Commerce-California-342464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 99 Cents Only Store