Complaint Review: 99 Cents Only Store

• Submitted: Thu, July 01, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, July 01, 2004

• Reported By:Hayward California
99 Cents Only Store
20882 Mission Blvd Hayward, California U.S.A.

99 Cents Only Stores Liars when it comes to hiring people Hayward California

About 2 or 3 weeks prior to this store opening. I drove by it and saw a banner that said that they were hiring. I called the 800 number on the banner. It was a recording announcing all the stores that were accepting applications.The Hayward store was not mentioned.The recording said if the store your interested in in not mentioned in this recording then we are sorry we have no hiring information at this time. You will need to check back often for updated information.

I kept calling everyday and every week until the store opened in early June. Their Job Hotline recording was never updated like it should be. I called on a Monday and Tuesday and the information on the recording was old it was from the week before.
When I called on Wednesday of the same week the recording had been updated and said that interviews had been conducted at the Hayward store on Monday and Tuesday of that week. How can that be ? when I called Monday and Tuesday of that same week the recording was old and was from the week before?

I called the 99 Cents Only, Main Offices in Southern California and spoke to a lady in Human Resoarces. Who told me that they were sorry but that they had hired all the people that they needed for that store.She asked me for my phone number and said that a District Manager would calll me back the next day. The next day came and I never heard from any District Manager. So I called again and asked to speak to the same lady. I was told to call back in about an hour that she was in a meeting. When I called back an hour later the person who answered the phone asked me for my name and told me to hold on. A few minutes later the person comes back on the phone and said that the person that I wanted to speak to wasn't in today!!!

Jack
Hayward, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2004 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/99-Cents-Only-Store/Hayward-California-94541/99-Cents-Only-Stores-Liars-when-it-comes-to-hiring-people-Hayward-California-97212. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 99 Cents Only Store