Complaint Review: 99 Designs

• Updated: Wed, March 27, 2013

• Reported By: k Madison Moore — Mt Pocono Pennsylvania
99 Designs
International San Francisco, California United States of America

99 Designs Ripped off my copyright photo and sold it as their copyright San Francisco, California

Just a few weeks ago I found out that one of the designers illegally used one of my photos of one of my original paintings for a book cover contest and it was the winner. It was on 99 Designs site since last August and I had no idea until a fan told me about this. The designer won $200. and 99 got $99 for this winner.

After contacting them they took it down immediately. Then I found out that they also sold the copyright of the cover with my work to the author that requested this project. So, they take my copyright photo and sold it as a copyright!

They have stated that they will supply the author with a new copyright and will also supply me with a copy of this and also the name of the designer. Yeah right....I am still waiting. They will not give me the $300. that won because of my cover and tell me I have to get it from the designer but they won't give me the designers name so they make this impossible. [continued below]....
..... His screen name and the name he uses at 99 Designs is Daliborka, tells me nothing!

Watch out for these people, especially artists. They will steal your work and they think that is just ok. So they are making money off the backs of artists and don't care how they do it! Total rip offs! Customers should know that they be holding a copyright of an exhausting copyright!!! Don't think this is a big deal? check the copyright laws!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2013 08:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/99-Designs/San-Francisco-California-/99-Designs-Ripped-off-my-copyright-photo-and-sold-it-as-their-copyright-San-Francisco-C-1038444. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 99 Designs