Complaint Review: 99 cent only store

• Updated: Sun, January 19, 2014

• Reported By: anonymous — Arizona
99 cent only store
casa grande, Arizona USA

99 cent only store racist unfair humiliation and a hostile working environment casa grande Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Mad monkey on the loose!

*UPDATE Employee: Happy employee

I recently worked for this company. Upon my hire they said with my background I would be fast traked to management.  But to bare with as the new store was yet to open.  They sent me to another store for training. The management at that store was horrible to their employees well the non Hispanic employees. I found myself often the third wheel in conversations in Spanish. Oftern you can walk into a room where English is being spoken till your a rival. I push this to the side and thought my performance would be judged fairly. I wish I could say this happened after traing we went to our home store to help stock. The team of traveling store openers all do not speak English.  They treated us horrible and made fun of the Hispanic employees who didnt speak Spanish.  Management is all Hispanic,  they speak spanish infront of those who dont.and treat non Hispanics like trash. Its common practice to yell at employees on the sales floor in a humiliating fashion.  When I asked them to stop this they said not to mess up and it would not happen. I put my head down and did my job. Then came time to pick the head cashiers. Instead of  picking from those that where promise to Hispanic stockers with no pervious experience where chosen.  Not to days before I asked the manager about the position.  I had been offered a higher payed job elsewhere and need some insurance that I was being premoted befor declining the offer. The manager smiled and told me how well I wws doing and how much they needed me. And to just bare with things a bit longer. After hearing the news I was not getting the position I spoke with them again.  The claimed they wanted people with no experience so they coukd be shaped.  And that with all the Hispanic employees they needed someone Hispanic.  I quit on the spot. I felt so used and hurt. I endured their abuse watched their abuse of others.  I worked hard made good on my end. Only to be humiliated.  Don't work for this company are bullies.

(((REDACTED)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2014 12:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/99-cent-only-store/casa-grande-Arizona-85222/99-cent-only-store-racist-unfair-humiliation-and-a-hostile-working-environment-casa-grand-1116725. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 99 cent only store

Mad monkey on the loose!

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

As an empolyee at the 99 cent only store, what ever that heffuh said is totally wrong. Noone was promised any specific position, when you were interviewed they specificly said here at the 99 cent only store they are many oportunities. If we see that you have potiental and have what it takes then you'll be offered whatever position thats open. Everyone is on a 90 day probation, this managers are watching each and everyone. If you do a lame job then you get lame hours. If you work you butt off then youll get reconigized. Each and everyone that are part of management earned the position. It takes hard work and dedication to improve the work. Apparently you didnt have it. Sorry you feel that way about us 99ners. But you can come back and say hi..:) Have a goodnight gotta get back to my "racist" job.. By the way Darleen is awesome, not to sure about julian..:)

Happy employee

AUTHOR: happy - ()

I curently work for the 99 cents only store in Casa Grande, Arizona. And these accusations are faulse and unfair, I have been given a job and have been treated fairly since day one. The management team are just doing their job, not everyone that wants to be managment gets the opportunity either because they are not available or are not the one for the job. The management team observes everyone, to see who best fits the position, it has nothing to do with race or sex. As a matter of fact there are two maembers of management that are not hispanic and don't speak spanish, one member of management is hispanic and doesn't even speak a work of spanish. The store is a new store and is going through a lot of changes, they can't make everyone happy, this is just another employee bashing a company because they didnt get their way, Grow up and move on. As for me I see a great future with the 99Cents only companay, all else is just hear say.