Complaint Review: 99 only

• Updated: Thu, June 12, 2014

• Reported By: 99 cents — Las Vegas Nevada
99 only
1155 e Charleston Las Vegas, Nevada USA

99 cent only They asked me to leave my bags with them,as usual, while shopping. Then STOLE MY BAGS!! Las Vegas Nevada

I walked into the 99cent only store. Was asked to leave my bag(s)(as usual) worker acknowledges my bag(s). Normal so far. I shop and get so many items that I have to purchase a 99cent only shopping bag.
I then notice the security guard "acting weird, checking my location" and when the cashier that was watching my bag also came by looking "nervous or something" but also was checking my location.
I felt uneasy and when I checked out my bags had been STOLEN.

I felt uneasy because they were indeed "casing a victim"

> The cashier asks her manager "what happened to this mans bag" "It was right here"
> The manager says "I dunno"
This is an organized scam because when I asked could she look at the tapes she said "no, only the police"
> I asked other 99cent only managers and they informed me that I was right and had been lied to!!!
The police were "called". [continued below]....

.....They never showed.
> This isn't the first incident at this location.To others as well..
> They know I am on to something and are trying to be as rude and hard to deal with as possible. EXTREMELY so.
> Everyday I call it's like the first day everytime. They don't know who I am. The people I talked to one day, don't work there the next.My phone numbers not in their system. Oh your case is being transferred to so and so. Neverending.
They say they can't get in touch with me. That isn't true. A lie actually.. here is a just (1) transcript(proof)

Voicemail from: (855) 584-3999 at 8:26 AM
Hi, Good morning. This message is for -----, My name is Diana and I'm calling from the 99 cents store. Customer service. I was calling in regards to an incident that occurred on the 31st. If you can please give me a call back. Is area code (855) 584-3999. I'd appreciate it. Again, my name is John I'm calling from the bank. I just talked with us. Thank you.
> I payed with cash for my other stuff and they laughed in my face because they knew I would have an awful time getting receipts.

This is the short version.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2014 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/99-only/Las-Vegas-Nevada/99-cent-only-They-asked-me-to-leave-my-bags-with-themas-usual-while-shopping-Then-STOL-1154242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 99 only