Complaint Review: 9Chelsea.com

• Submitted: Fri, November 25, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, December 03, 2011

• Reported By: alex — melbourne Internet United States of America
9Chelsea.com
303 WEST 42 STREET SUITE # 504 New York, NY 100 New York, New York United States of America

9Chelsea.com Ellie Kay 9 Chelsea vacation rentals are scammers New York, New York

*General Comment: COMPLAINT AGAINTS CRISTINA BRIONES OF SYDNEY & AMY YU AMY YU THIEVES LIAR LIAR LIAR

*General Comment: CRISTINA BRIONES from UTS SYDNEY & AMY YU

*Author of original report: 9 Chelsea did NOT comply with the contract

*Consumer Comment: Aboid the Tourist Trap and Go to Elle

*Consumer Comment: 9 Chelsea

9 Chelsea vacation rentals ripped us off by charging our credit card after we canceled our reservation. Charging our credit card without authorization and claiming this is legit. Ellie Kay is a total scammer!

This was after they refused to reurn 50% of our inital deposit, which was what was owed to use according to their cancellation policy. Obvsiously they had no regard for the law and will continue to operate unscrupulously unti someone shuts them down.

while we want out money back, what is more important to us is that people such as Ellie Kay of 9Chelsea do not continue to run their dodgy businesses, scamming unsuspectiong travellers while claiming to be legitimate.

That they continue to get away with this is unbelievable. these people need to know that taking money out of someones credit card without authorization is not business as usual its a crime!

The fact they continue to claim that siphoning money from the credit card was in keeping with their cancellation policy is a disgrace.. Such disgraceful acts committed by businesses on consumers is totally unacceptable. I feel nothing but contempt towards people such as Ellie Kay, who are obviously complete losers who cannot make their living through legitimate means.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2011 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/9Chelseacom/New-York-New-York-/9Chelseacom-Ellie-Kay-9-Chelsea-vacation-rentals-are-scammers-New-York-New-York-801732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 9Chelsea.com

#1 General Comment

AUTHOR: JenniferN - (United States of America)

These two people are con Artist & CRAZY THIEVES

False accusation, Making Up lies.

#2 General Comment

CRISTINA BRIONES from UTS SYDNEY & AMY YU

AUTHOR: JenniferN - (United States of America)

COMPLAINT AGAINST CRISTINA BRIONES & AMY YU

# 1  You made reservation with them, Correct?

# 2  You canceled the reservation last minute.

# 3   They followed their contract and You did not.

# 4  You are accusing of what?  Its their policy. Take some responsibility.

# 5 Learn MATH  & READ CONTRACT

9 Chelsea did NOT comply with the contract

AUTHOR: alex - (United States of America)

This above person has written the same comment almost verbatim on the TripAdvisor thread about 9Chelsea, which makes it hard to believe that they are in fact a genuine consumer.

9 Chelsea, 9Chelsea.com and Ellie Kay did NOT comply with the cancellation policy which clearly stated the following:

Cancellation Policy:

15 days less before scheduled arrival: No refund

30 day less before scheduled arrival: 50% refund of down payment.

Following our cancellation, they not only did NOT return the 50% of the deposit made, they siphoned several hundred dollars from our credit card. This payment was NOT authorized, we were NOT in contract with them at this point.

This matter is currently being investigated.

It has been distressing to us that 9Chelsea are able to operate unhindered and unrestricted, as they have clearly violated not only our trust but also the cancellation policy that was made known to us.

The fact they continue to claim to be innocent parties is incredulous and shows that Ellie Kay, 9 Chelsea, 9Chelsea.com are absolutely opportunistic thieves.

Aboid the Tourist Trap and Go to Elle

AUTHOR: Hanclair - (United States of America)

The first time Ive used 9chelsea.com I was little nervous and didnt know what to expect but I was relieved as soon as Ive met Elle.  She operates and owns the service was very helpful.  I was surprised she wasnt some employee but the actual owner operator.  This was pretty much one person operation and she was friendly and helpful.   Elle is a local New Yorker and she knew everything I needed to know and pointed me to all the right directions and saved a lot of my time.

Everything went smooth and fine.  Ive saved hundreds of dollars by staying in the apartment rather than checking into one of those overpriced motels.  I wish Ive known 9chelsea sooner.  The first time I visited NYC, I ended up staying in Ramada hotel near JFK airport. Everything was so confusing and I had no idea where and how to get to anywhere.  Getting to Manhattan from the hotel was a nightmare.  Renting an apartment so close to the city was such a time saver and made my trip so much more comfortable.  Ive used 9chelsea for few more trips to NYC since winter 2009 and Ive recommend the place to my business partners.  I already even have a favorite apartment and Ive planned to bring my family along on the next trip to NYC.

9 Chelsea

AUTHOR: Stephen - (United States of America)

As a previous customer, I have to say few things

I have stayed there a year ago and it was totally fine. They have been around a quite while. Not a scammer or other. in fact, they are very honest and nice. you can find their many reviews at homeaway.com or vacationrentals.com

It looks like you probably canceled the reservation at the last minutes. No wonder they decline to refund you. They were holding apartment for you to keep a promise and That must be quite a long time while declining other reservations. Also, you have definitely damaged them in some way.

There must be a contract or policy when you make a reservation. I wonder he or she have read it before you make a reservation. If you call it a scammer or illegal Why did you go there to get a place to stay ?

Business is not one-side game. It's a contact, promise. If they kept a promise You must also comply with the contact whatever it says.

printed