Complaint Review: A-1 American Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning

• Updated: Fri, June 07, 2013

• Reported By: feline1970 — Chesapeake Virginia
A-1 American Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning
Virginia Beach, Virginia USA

A-1 American Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Price gouging, more than 2x the price from other plumbers Virginia Beach Virginia

Needed the shower\tub faucet replaced. I had the replacement parts. Called A-1 American. They were here for 3 minutes quoted me a price of over a $1000 to install. Upon hearing my shock the guy said he could knock 10% off which was still way over what it should cost. Then they promptly charged me $78 for the 3 minutes they were there and left.

I had another plumber come later and charged me nothing for the estimate. The estimate was $450, less than half of A-1. He also happened to be a former employee of A-1. I told him i had called them earlier to which he responded "Oh my God no!" Then said "Well that cost you $78 didn't it". I told him yes, he then went on to tell me stories from when he worked there. Part of the reason he no longer works for them is because the over charging of people was causing him great stress and he was unable to sleep.

I would never ever ever call A-1 again. They are total rip off scams and a disgrace to Hampton Roads.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2013 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-1-American-Plumbing-Heating-Air-Conditioning/Virginia-Beach-Virginia/A-1-American-Plumbing-Heating-Air-Conditioning-Price-gouging-more-than-2x-the-price-1057407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A-1 American Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning