Complaint Review: A-1 American Plumbing

• Updated: Fri, December 04, 2009

• Reported By: anonymous — Norfolk Virginia United States of America
A-1 American Plumbing

A-1 American Plumbing The old bait and switch Internet

I own a condo in the Ocean View section of Norfolk. When the heating/A/C unit went out, I called A-1 American,(because of their ad I had seen on TV) to come out and give me a quote to fix or replace it. When the service guy arrived, i was informed that there would be an $85.00 dollar service charge, but that would be included in any service performed. The guy was there all of about 5 minutes when he informed me that the unit was shot and needed to be completely replaced, and that it will cost $5000.00 to replace it. I was shocked, and told him he was out of his mind, thats when he told me that we needed to walk outside so we could talk (this unit is a rental), Once outside, he told me that he does this thing on the side and if i wanted it done, that he would do it for $3500.00. So, how does A-1 American make money, when the service guys are all doing jobs on the side? Of course i didn't go with this guy or A-1, but called around and got the job done and done right, in just a day, for only $3000.00. I will never reccommend A-1 to any of my friends or to anyone needing plumbing or heating/A/C serice, your better off finding someone to do it on the side for less.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2009 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-1-American-Plumbing/internet/A-1-American-Plumbing-The-old-bait-and-switch-Internet-533552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A-1 American Plumbing