Complaint Review: A-1 American

• Submitted: Tue, April 23, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, April 23, 2013

• Reported By: D. — Chesapeake Virginia
A-1 American
1620 Centerville Turnpike, suite 113 Virginia Beach, Virginia United States of America

A-1 American Very unprofessional could smell alcohol on the technician Virginia Beach, Virginia

Our outside faucet developed a leak and my husband called A-1 American for someone to come out and fix it. First the technician that came out was late. When he got here he looked at the faucet and said it needed to be replaced. He quoted me a price (way over priced I thought) and I contacted my husband and he said to go on and have the work done. The technician said he had to leave and get the part and he would be back. I waited for two hours and finally called the company. The girl on the phone said that maybe he had to stand in line, then she changed her mind and said that he was on his way back.

Almost 30 minutes later he did get back. He started working on the 1/2 inch copper pipe, took him a good 15 minutes to solder the faucet onto the pipe. I was watching and the solder was just rolling off of the pipe. That's when I could smell alcohol on him. My goodness, I know what he had been doing for the over two hours he was gone. He finally finished the job. I will never recommend this company, ever, and I will never use them again. Shame on you for letting your employees drink and then try to cover for them when a customer calls to see what's taking so long for them to return. Don't just walk away from A-1 American, RUN!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-1-American/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23464/A-1-American-Very-unprofessional-could-smell-alcohol-on-the-technician-Virginia-Beach-Vi-1045511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A-1 American