Complaint Review: A-1 Billiards of SWFL (Cape Coral)

• Submitted: Mon, August 13, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, December 22, 2012

• Reported By: Jim — Naples Florida United States of America
A-1 Billiards of SWFL (Cape Coral)
4523 SW 8th Ct # 1 Cape Coral, Florida United States of America

A-1 Billiards of SWFL ,Cape Coral, David Cravens Damaged new felt on a new Pool Table. Inexperienced Installers. Cape Coral , Florida

*General Comment: A What?

*Author of original report: A-1 Billiards is not a reputable company!

*Consumer Suggestion: A-1 Billiards is a Reputable Company

I purchased a new pool table and assembled it myself. I needed to hire a pro to install the felt.

I located A-1 Billiards SWFL on Craiglist. I called and talked to David Cravens and he talked about how professional his company was and assured me they were the best in the area. He was supposed to come and help me with the install himself.

David did not come himself but he sent two young guys out to do the install; Stacey and Luigi.

The guys used old tools and not the proper tools. They stripped nearly every screw under the bed of the table. When installing the felt and fitting the pockets, Stacey cut the felt (midway on the slate) bed on all the pockets. It is most notable on the side pockets. When I asked why he did that his reply was you can only see it it you stick your head in the pocket.

Luigi applied the felt to the rails and I could see that he did not stretch the felt as he went down the rail with the staple gun. [continued below]....
..... I have seen videos on felt applicatioin and I know that Luigi was using the wrong method.

They installed the bottom of the ball storage compartment backwards and it was being held by only one screw. I had to repair that myself.

After a few days I could see wrinkles in all the corners on the rails and the felt on the two side pockets had come undone.  I called A-1 (David Cravens) and told him and he told me he would not come down to my area again unless he had a paid job that he could include in the trip. If the legs were falling off the table he said he would come right out.

It has been over a month and David has told me several times that he would come and fix the table. David never shows up and continually "texts" me with more promises and still never comes out.

I have cancelled my projects for two straight days to accomodate him but he still does not come to make good on his promises.

I believe he is just having fun jerking me around and I don't know why. He continually lies and lies. He can't talk without lying.

A-1 Billiards of SWFL is long on promises but short on knowing their profession. They have no customer service skills and are only out to make a quick buck. Avoid them like a plague.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2012 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-1-Billiards-of-SWFL-Cape-Coral/Cape-Coral-Florida-33914/A-1-Billiards-of-SWFL-Cape-Coral-David-Cravens-Damaged-new-felt-on-a-new-Pool-Table-Ine-926660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A-1 Billiards of SWFL (Cape Coral)

#1 General Comment

A What?

AUTHOR: sindey - ()

First off, you never adress the Lies, Lies, Lies! Address the Lie's about his daughter In A Wreck! Address the Lie's about coming to fix the mess that the Boys did to this mans pool table when he sent the Boys to this mans house!   You can't help  someone out by over looking something such as lying or or blaming the victim for not doing something right..Gezz smh what next will you say? She was asking for it???    I felt bad for this man because he trusted a man on his word, but now I feel more sorry for David and you ..People like you/your kind, always has an excuse for the pain and hurt you cause in other peoples lives and perhaps deep down do enjoy it. As long as you get the end results that benefit You! I pray a special  prayer for the ones who know no better. Good luck and keep it in the family:)

A-1 Billiards is not a reputable company!

AUTHOR: Jim - (United States of America)

I assembled the lower frame of the pool table myself; A-1 Billiards was hired to put the slate on and assemble the upper frame and rails; as you should know but obviously don't the rails are assembled last...duh.

I still have over 25 text messages from David telling me that he stood behind his work and that he was coming out to fix the damage. He stood me up on three different days. He told me his daughter was in a car crash and in the hospital; I left him alone for three weeks and contacted him again; it  was all a lie. He never intended coming back to fix the table.

My only intention of posting this on RIP-OFF REPORT was to let others know that David Cravens is dishonest, does shoddy work and does not stand behind his promises.

I only posted one picture but I have others. This work is not acceptable.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

A-1 Billiards is a Reputable Company

AUTHOR: Neiko5582 - (United States of America)

First off, I want to ask. Did you assembled the table yourself? If so, why? A professional should have done that also. When you say every screw under the table was stripped. There should not have been any screws touched if it was a felt job, especially if you assembled the table. I want to tell you, David is a very great person and would not hire someone that did not know what he/she was doing. There is a reason he is recommended by many and has many happy customers. Rather than trying to ruin someones livelihood, try to solve it in person first. Good Day!