Complaint Review: A-1 Leasing - Start Up Essentials - USA Cardservices

• Submitted: Mon, December 29, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 29, 2008

• Reported By:Ocean View Delaware
A-1 Leasing - Start Up Essentials - USA Cardservices
Eastern Ave S. E. Grand Rapids, Michigan U.S.A.

A-1 Leasing - Start Up Essentials - USA Cardservices is back at it! Grand Rapids Michigan

*Consumer Comment: A-1 Leasing StartUp Essentials Bond Corp

A-1 Leasing is back at it! I just received a threating letter from this leach of a company. Demanding payment for fraudulent services. Does anyone out there have information on why this company is back dunning me and probably others like me? I had not heard a word from them for over 2 years. Even had an attorney who claimed to represent them back off over 2 years ago. Was there a class action suit? I'll see them in hell before I pay one red cent!

James
Ocean View, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2008 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-1-Leasing-Start-Up-Essentials-USA-Cardservices/Grand-Rapids-Michigan/A-1-Leasing-Start-Up-Essentials-USA-Cardservices-is-back-at-it-Grand-Rapids-Michigan-405912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A-1 Leasing - Start Up Essentials - USA Cardservices

A-1 Leasing StartUp Essentials Bond Corp

AUTHOR: Royana - (U.S.A.)

I wanted to post a follow up to previous postings and other consumer comments.

I have received two calls from Stewart Allan and Associates and also two letters from A-1 Leasing. I have to say it seems like this company is affiliated with A-1. The collection agency does not comply with the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.

Phone messages from the collection agency were left on voicemail. They are not to disclose the reason for the call but they do.

The so called collection letters received in the mail are from A-1 Leasing and not from the collection agency. The letters do not state FDCPA requirements (e.g. that the recipient has the right to dispute the validity of the debt (in writing), and the agency must send some confirmation after verifying it with the original creditor). Maybe this is why A-1 Leasing is sending the letters instead of Stewart Allan and Associates??

Also according to the FDCPA, consumers can send a written letter to the collection agency requesting they want the phone calls/letters to stop. (Research this further on the Internet for more detailed information.)

I have received a call from the so-called private investigator hired by Stewart Allan/A-1 Leasing. In short, as with any collection agency and with this PI, their main tool is intimidating the consumers. I hate that but they don't want to pay for a lawsuit. If it does amount to that, I will have to come back to Ripoffreport.com and let you know what I am going to do.

When the first ever/initial phone call was received from the individual representing Startup Essentials/A-1 Leasing two years ago, I was told I was subject to credit approval before being approved for the program. Within 1 minute I was approved, and I found this surprising because I was in bankruptcy at the time. I checked my credit reports as well and found no credit report inquiry from Startup Essentials or A-1 Leasing or Bond Corp.

I really do wish something more can be done for all of us.

I will probably get a bad credit report but will dispute if I attempt to get credit in the future. Again, I cannot afford to pay 2 more years of payments for nothing but a refurbished laptop.

All -- please continue to post -- keep us all abreast of any collection actions.

Royana