Complaint Review: A-1 Leasing With Start-up Essentials

• Submitted: Wed, October 15, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 15, 2008

• Reported By:Mandeville Louisiana
A-1 Leasing With Start-up Essentials
2007 Eastern Avenue SE Grand Rapids, Michigan U.S.A.

A-1 Leasing With Start-up Essentials I was cond in a computer internet start-up business and they went under and now threating me outrageous dollars Grand Rapids Michigan

Start-up Essentials sold me on this so called great idea of starting up a internet business which at first was great. They gave you a laptop computer which wasn't a good computer with all these programs and certain steps to take with tech support from 8am-10pm most nights with a motivation e-mail every day. The sales man told me if my computer broke or was stolen they would replace it for no additional cost. Things were going fine at first following the dvds and written program. Then poof no tech support no internet website. I stopped payments on the program because it shut down.

Well I saw on the internet site that it turns out to be a scam. I recieved a class action suit of papers that A-1 Leasing and Start-up Essentials teamed together with out getting proper business permits and broke several state law acts and that over 6000 people were taken like me. I filled out the papers that lawyers gave me from Texas and sent them back around August, 2008.

Haven't heard anything back from the law suit which was suppose to have a court date some time in the first of September, 2008. I received a threating phone call from a company named Stuart Alan at 520-322-7233 and a man named Jay Probasco told me that I owe A-1 Leasing around $9470 dollars and have till October 18th to payup or settle in a lump sum or we will put a lein on your house for twelve thousand something dollars and will not accept any payment plan.

The contract I sighned was for three years at 177.00 a month and I paid them around six months of that. That means the most I would owe them would be $5310.00 not over $9400.00. They must be stopped what should I do ? This is definitely an unorthodox way to do any business and it is stressing me out big time. I would like to know any up dates on the class action lawsuit on this subject. Thank would appreciate any response asap.

Paul
Mandeville, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2008 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-1-Leasing-With-Start-up-Essentials/Grand-Rapids-Michigan/A-1-Leasing-With-Start-up-Essentials-I-was-cond-in-a-computer-internet-start-up-business-a-1029424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A-1 Leasing With Start-up Essentials