Complaint Review: A Across USA

• Submitted: Tue, August 19, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 09, 2009

• Reported By:New Orleans Louisiana
A Across USA
St. Augustine, Florida U.S.A.

A Across USA , Across USA Auto Transport Their not what you think!!! The Service is Terrible. St. Augustine Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We did what you asked us to do.

I contacted A Across USA Auto Transport aka Across USA Auto Transport. They seemed to be very nice, but that was just an act. My car was brokered out to RUSHING TOWING AND AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE L.L.C.

My car was shipped and it was damaged during the transport. It was bent. Gregory Rushing, the owner, drove my car for miles. This caused major problems with the timing and points. If you don't know how to drive this car, it can easily throw the timing and points off. Driving a 5 speed truck is different from driving a 4 speed car. The shifting and clutch has a different feel.

Once I contacted A Across, Corey told me that he would contact Rushing and that I could rest assure everything would be taking care of. This was another one of his lies. I haven't heard from him nor Rushing, nor will they answer my phone call.

My 1963 Corvair was completely restored, now I have to repaint the entire car.

Meleisa B
New Orleans, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2008 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-Across-USA/St-Augustine-Florida/A-Across-USA-Across-USA-Auto-Transport-Their-not-what-you-think-The-Service-is-Terri-364436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A Across USA

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We did what you asked us to do.

AUTHOR: Jack - (U.S.A.)

As brokers we are not allowed to be involved in damage claims. As per our contract (and all broker contracts) were are not responsible for damage. See below:
10. The Carrier actually transporting the vehicle(s)maintains cargo and liability insurance and shall be liable for any and all damage claims arising from the transport. The Shipper agrees to file all claims with such Carrier as identified on the bill of lading/delivery receipt and to bring any legal action for damages against such carrier only. The Shipper agrees to release and hold harmless Across USA form any such claims. All Carriers hired for transport have insurance on file with Across USA, which is available to Shipper upon request. Across USA will furnish Shipper with name and phone number of Carrier used for transport and will assist Shipper in providing any other necessary information, should a claim arise.

We did contact Rushing Towing. They said they were going to take care of it.
That is the last I heard until this complaint. Blaming us for damaging her car is like blaming your travel agent for losing your luggage. Check our record on www.transportreviews.com to find out what most customers think of our company.