Complaint Review: A Appliance Repair Specialist

• Submitted: Fri, December 09, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, March 30, 2012

• Reported By: Brady — Glen Allen Virginia United States of America
A Appliance Repair Specialist
8075 Old Mechanicsville Turnpike Mechanicsville, Virginia United States of America

A Appliance Repair Specialist neglected to consult me between the diagnosis and repair, even though I was right there. And lied about their accreditation. Mechanicsville, Virginia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Responce to Brady complaint

I called A Appliance Repair to diagnose a broken dryer. At first it was going to be a $65 fee for diagnosis, which is fine. What isn't fine is that after finding the problem (clogged vents causing a blown fuse), the technician went ahead and did the work, when he had originally told me he was going to do the diagnosis and then talk to me.

It wouldn't have been a big deal if the work he did was skill-requiring...but I think I can handle cleaning a vent. The most ridiculous part is that at $90/hr for 2 hours of labor (a good 30 minutes of which was spent with the tech. putting on his jacket every time he had to go out to his van) plus parts, I was paying up the wazoo...It doesn't take 2 hours OR $90 to clean a vent!

After he left, I called the company, but it turns out that (of course) the technician that had helped me was the owner himself, so nothing else could really be done about the problem. The website (aappliancerepair.com) says that it is a member of the BBB, ACCA, and Richmond Area Chamber of Commerce. Which is odd, because those groups don't have any company by that name in their directories.

I don't know if anything can be done about these various issues, but I at least wanted to make sure to let anybody in the Greater Richmond area know not to go to the people at A Appliance Repair.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2011 02:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-Appliance-Repair-Specialist/Mechanicsville-Virginia-23111/A-Appliance-Repair-Specialist-neglected-to-consult-me-between-the-diagnosis-and-repair-e-807272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A Appliance Repair Specialist

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Responce to Brady complaint

AUTHOR: A Appliance Repair - (United States of America)

The customer was fixed in a timley and professionel manner and was informed of problem before it was fixed. When he complained about price , I offered a 10% off discount which he quickly took. He still complained , so I offered to undo the repair and He could pay the 65 dollar diagnostic fee , He refused. On lieing about my accreditations , I was never asked that question. In 2002 when I built our website , we were members of BBB , ACCA and RCC , as these associations cost yearly dues to be members , in 2008 they were dropped to keep our cost down , I will update our website to reflect these changes.The customer was charged the National Blue Book price for the High Limit and Thermal Fuse repair and the vent cleaning was FREE , because we Warranty all our Repairs with 1 Year Parts and Labor Warranty.

surplus