Complaint Review: A Briggs Passport & Visa Expeditors

• Submitted: Mon, March 12, 2001
  • Updated: Mon, March 12, 2001

• Reported By:El Cajon Ca
A Briggs Passport & Visa Expeditors
1422 K Street , NW Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

A Briggs Passport & Visa Expeditors In D.C. are CONS!

Hello my name is Sarah. On December 24, 2000 I was to depart for a dream of a lifetime to good old jolly England. That never happened. What happened you ask? Well I was hoodwinked into believing that I could get my passport quickly through the above mentioned company.
I was led to believe that this company would see to it that my passport would be hand delivered to the Passport Agency and that my passport would arrive on time for my Sunday departure. I had Fed Ex'd my letter to Briggs on Wednesday of the following week. They confirmed that they received it on Thursday. I was told that they could not get it out to me on Friday but that I would receive it on Saturday. Just in time for my departure the next day. I received my passport on Tuesday Dec 26.
You may be asking why didn't I get my passport way before then?
Well the answer is easy. In November 2000 my brother got hit by a truck and I had to take care of him. Prior to that I had been going through a lot of personal problems because I was coming out of an abusive marriage. So needless to say I was greatly distracted for most of the year. Then I found A Briggs and for a brief moment my faith was renewed that my dream was going to come true.
Not only have I lost what faith I had in people but i've also lost a lot of money. Since I purchased my plane ticket on priceline.com I can not receive a refund. I spent over 200.00 on my passport alone but also spent approx.564.00 on my plane ticket. Yes I have my passport that's good for 10 years but I have pieces of paper worth 564.00. I am a full-time college who can't afford to lose 100.00 let alone 564.00. Where's the justice in all of this?

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on A Briggs Passaports & Visa Expeditors The Village Postmark

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-Briggs-Passport-Visa-Expeditors/Washington-District-of-Columbia/A-Briggs-Passport-Visa-Expeditors-In-DC-are-CONS-4670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A Briggs Passport & Visa Expeditors