Complaint Review: A CITY MOVER

• Submitted: Sun, October 13, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, October 19, 2002

• Reported By:Alpharetta GA
A CITY MOVER
acitymovers@aol.com Doraville, Georgia U.S.A.

A CITY MOVER ripoff fraudulent ripoff moving business from hell Doraville Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Just following the rules.

*0: Check this site out !!!!!!

In response to File # 5335, A City Mover ripped us off in a similar manner. Warning to consumers! Read the small print!

A City Mover was late by 6 hours, demanded cash, kept our belongings for ransom.

Even after we paid them in cash they changed the rules, and informed us the money only covered 3 hours of labour, after we had to pay them in cash again or they would keep everthing on the truck till we paid for storage, men hours, you name it.

The story made short, my whole family worked along the workers to remove all our belongigns from their truck before the 3 hours was up. We sleapt on the floor that night,and most of our belongings was left in the garage.

I would like the IRS to investigate A City Mover scam artist moving company, who only get paid in cash.

Eva
Alpharetta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2002 10:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-CITY-MOVER/Doraville-Georgia-30360/A-CITY-MOVER-ripoff-fraudulent-ripoff-moving-business-from-hell-Doraville-Georgia-32484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A CITY MOVER

Just following the rules.

AUTHOR: Daniel - ()

This is in response to Eva's complaint. All of our contracts CLEARLY state: All advance or lawful charges must be paid in cash, certified check (one drawn from a bank on itself and signed by an officer of the bank) upon completion of all services, unless otherwise indicated by carrier.

This contract is signed and and a check mark has to be placed in a box that states that the shipper, Eva, must prepay for the service before our employees are even permitted to touch any of the furniture. The reason for this being is the rules in GA state: Once you are on a persons property with their belongings, if they demand to have the truck unloaded whether they are right or wrong we have to do so.

This has happened on several occasions where people got a free move. And their complaints similar to Eva's, were not valid ones. So now in order to protect ourselves we must have prepayment. It's just like UPS. You can't have a package delivered without paying first. The UPS employee will not give you the package or even pick up the package without payment.

As far as having to pay twice, I couldn't think of a reason for this except that maybe they needed some boxes or materials for their fragile items. We provide packing service included in the rate. We just have to be compensated for our boxes and such.

In addition,our employees would have been more than happy to reassemble their beds, if the customer would have paid for another 15 minutes-($21.25). Eva had probably scheduled an afternoon move which means our sales represenatives would have told her the movers would be there between 2-5 pm, however this is just an estimate.

In most cases, the afternoon moves depend on the timin of the morning move. If the morning customer took more time than expected, or if there was traffic they could be late. Our office staff constantly updates all of our clients as to the status of our trucks. That being said I must now remind everyone how stressful moving can be.

I know I can't afford movers, but if I could seeing them handling all my personal items would be enough to set me on edge about anything. And likewise almost any kind of friction would seem like it would upset me. I am disapointed that Eva was unhappy and if there was anything within reason we could do, I'm sure it would have been done.

Sincerely,
Sales Team Manager

#2 0

Check this site out !!!!!!

AUTHOR: - ()

This site shows the complaints for the moving compaies in the Atlanta area.