efficient

• Updated: Thu, December 01, 2011

• Reported By: Stacy — Edgerton Wisconsin United States of America
A Chambers & Associates
Gallery Place Washington, Washington DC United States of America

A Chambers & Associates Alex Chambers A Chambers & Ass...ociates Washington, Washington DC

Do not accept calls from this company. They are breaking just about every law about collections that I know of. They called my sister and harassed her, and she told them my email address since I am out of the country, unfortunately. She didn't know any better. Then they threatened me with a bench warrant for my arrest if I did not talk to them right away. They told me that a debt that had been included in my bankruptcy (now finished) a few months ago was still valid and needed to be paid.

I wrote back after reading two messages filled with spelling and grammatical errors - the first of which was in all caps. I asked them to stop sending me emails and instead contact my lawyer. I gave all of her information: name, address and phone number. I also included a list of things they cannot do when trying to collect a debt, and highlighted the rules that they had broken. To my astonishment, he continued to argue about the legitimacy of his "firm" and their methods!

So after doing much research on my own, I learned that they have a website that is not of an actual law firm in Washington DC. They use it simply to gather information on you to use at your peril. The phones are never answered. The phone number that they used in the email as a contact number was not the same one on the website. When I Googled it, one of the first hits was from a Craigslist ad recruiting people to become collection agents. They are a sham company full of uneducated people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2011 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-Chambers-Associates/Washington-Washington-DC-20091-0612/A-Chambers-Associates-Alex-Chambers-A-Chambers-Associates-Washington-Washington-DC-803658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A Chambers & Associates