Complaint Review: A Clean Sweep

• Submitted: Tue, January 06, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 06, 2009

• Reported By:Vernon Hills Illinois
A Clean Sweep
118 E Main St Unit C Round Lake, Illinois U.S.A.

A Clean Sweep They Damaged Our Property Rather Than Cleaned It Round Lake Illinois

My wife and I hired A Clean Sweep to clean our house on November 26, 2008. The individual arrived in the early afternoon on that date, parked her vehicle in our driveway, and spent the next approximately 3 hours cleaning the house.

After she left later that afternoon, my wife and I went outside to finish preparing our garden for the winter season. We noticed a significant amount of oil in our driveway. There is one big stain measuring 12 inches in diameter, as well as 12-14 smaller stains varying in size.

We just had the new concrete driveway put in one year ago. There was no oil on the driveway prior to the cleaning person showing up. I keep my driveway immaculate and powerwash it periodically (I last did so about 1 month ago). The oil is also exactly where the cleaning individual parked her vehicle. Therefore, all the oil came from her vehicle.

The cleaning person had to have known her vehicle was leaking oil. There was way too much leakage for her to not have previously known. I assumed she still parked in our driveway because she was too lazy or had no concern for our property. The street is about 35 feet from our front door, so it would not have killed her to carry her cleaning supplies the extra distance. She was too lazy.

The bottom line is that A Clean Sweep caused damage to our property. They damaged our nice, new white concrete driveway with a bunch of large, black oil spills. Rather than being a cleaning service, they are a damaging service to our driveway which cost thousands of dollars to install.

Jeffrey
Vernon Hills, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2009 06:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-Clean-Sweep/Round-Lake-Illinois-60073/A-Clean-Sweep-They-Damaged-Our-Property-Rather-Than-Cleaned-It-Round-Lake-Illinois-408878. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A Clean Sweep