Complaint Review: A Cut Above C/O Josh Amos

• Updated: Thu, February 07, 2013

• Reported By: Rick — Richmond Virginia United States of America
A Cut Above C/O Josh Amos
3608 Crymes Road Meherrin, Virginia United States of America

A Cut Above C/O Josh Amos Josh Amos Beware of Josh Amos and A Cut Above Logging Meherrin, Virginia

Josh Amos of A Cut Above approached me in November of 2011 to purchase and log the trees on my property in Cumberland County. A price was agreed on and he assured me that no trees would be cut on the property until the check was cashed. He also told me that he would likely not start work on the property until January 2012. I received a call from a friend who hunts on the property in mid December 2011, who informed me that the logging operation had begun on the property and that it appeared they broke off the well head on the property. I contacted Josh Amos who indicated that the checks were in the
mail. I had not received the checks and by then he had already cut a good portion of the trees. After several more phone calls and a warning by me that I would take legal action, finally Amos delivered the checks 12/28/11.  His claim that the checks were sent was bogus, as I never received any checks from him by mail. I told him about the wellhead and he said he would get with me in June to rectify the situation. June came and went with no word from Amos. I attempted to call Amos several times and again had to warn of legal action before he finally called me back on 11/13/12. Amos at that time said he didn't think there was a well at all, and told me if I could produce a receipt he would pay to have it fixed.  The well was put in 20 years ago, I can't locate a receipt but if he hadn't stacked all the non-marketable trees and debris on top of the area where the well is, I could show him where it is. Amos basically indicated that it was my problem, and when I told him I would take
legal action, he said go ahead and hung up on me. He called back and apologized, said he would go to the property and move the debris, clean the area up and find and repair the well.  He was to call me in a few days and set up a time to meet there, which he never did. I went to the property 1/2/2013, and nothing has changed.  The property is still a wreck and the debrisis still stacked ten foot high over top of the well.

Josh Amos has not kept his word during this whole ordeal, and I do mean ordeal. He needs to live up to his agreement which he made regarding fixing the well and cleaning up the area of my property which he destroyed.

I reported him to the Better Business Bureau, however he chose not to respond to them either.  Very typical. Hard to tell if he is just a horrible business man or a bona fide crook.  Beware!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2013 08:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-Cut-Above-CO-Josh-Amos/Meherrin-Virginia-23954/A-Cut-Above-CO-Josh-Amos-Josh-Amos-Beware-of-Josh-Amos-and-A-Cut-Above-Logging-Meherrin-1010682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A Cut Above C/O Josh Amos