Complaint Review: A & E Corporation

• Submitted: Mon, May 19, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 19, 2008

• Reported By:San Jose California
A & E Corporation
1300 Louis Henna Blvd. Roundrock, Texas U.S.A.

A & E Corporation - Maytag - Sears No service No Repair wast of my time Roundrock Texas

My saga begins with a call to "Maytag" for service on a Dishwaser that was purchased roughly 10 years ago. After some confusion, I determined that there is no more Maytag and service has been contracted to A&E. What I didn't know was that I would end up working with Sears.

On the original scheduled service appointment, there was a time window from 12:00 noon until 5:00 PM. I had to take off from work to wait for the tech. At 5:00 I was contcted and advised they would not arrive until 6:00 PM. After the 2 service techs. examined the leak problem, they told what they thought the problem was which made no sense at all. The gentlemen acted as though they had never seen a diswaser before. In any event, they orderd the parts they thought would resolve the problem. Subsequently, a new appointment was made with the same time window,12:00 noon ~5:00 PM. at 4:00 PM I called the 800 number and was advised they didn't know where the tech was but would check and advise me. A short time later they called and again told me he was running late. At this point after wastiing more than 12 hours of my time , I told them to cancel the appointment. The tech. still arrived at my door at 6:15 PM and I sent him away. I called a local appliance service company in San Jose, "Meyers," who scheduled an appointment 2 days later. Thier tech. showed up determined what was wrong in a few minutes, had the parts necessary to fix the problom on his truck and was on his way. I requested a full refund from A& E and after some time negoiating with Sears in Sacramento, I received checks from A&E for the parts they had sent that would not have resolved that problem. They have refused to refund the $72.00 trip charge for the incompetent tech they sent out. If you buy from Sears, you will be stuck with A&E for service. Good luck

Jerald
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2008 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-E-Corporation/Roundrock-Texas-78664/A-E-Corporation-Maytag-Sears-No-service-No-Repair-wast-of-my-time-Roundrock-Texas-333529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A & E Corporation