Complaint Review: A & E Factory Service Of Plantation Florida

• Submitted: Tue, October 14, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, October 14, 2008

• Reported By:Palm Beach Gardens Florida
A & E Factory Service Of Plantation Florida
6801 W Sunrise Blvd Plantation, Florida U.S.A.

A & E Factory Service Of Plantation Florida Totally overcharged for what was actually done to repair the problem. Plantation Florida

*Consumer Comment: Bad Service but wrong company..

My dryer panel locked accidentally due to a child who pressed the button to lock the controls. It is a child proofing feature but it was something I was unfamiliar with and had never seen it before. I looked in the manual under trouble shooting but neglected to look entirely through the manual. I called Whirlpool and they recommended A & E as one of eight service companies to call with a problem. I called the company and explained the problem to them. They set up a service call. I asked how much would it be for the service call and they stated $65.00.

When the service man called me before he came to the house, I asked for a second time how much the service call would cost me and he said $65.00. After the service man came to the house, he looked at the dryer and stated that the controls were locked and he pressed the button to release the lock. He showed us in the care guide where it explained the problem and how to correct it.

He gave my husband the bill and it was $140.00!!! The company charged an additional $75.00 for the "Labor" to show my husband (in the care guide) how to fix it next time. I have no problem paying the $65.00 but to charge for "Labor" when there was none involved is robbery. The company stated that there is a cost for customer information from the service person. How absurd! I believe that $65.00 should be enough for 5 minutes time to fix a problem they could have told me how to fix over the phone.

I contacted Whirlpool customer service, explained what happened and they wondered why I hadn't received some instruction from their phone personnel when I first called in the problem. That would have saved me a lot of aggravation, time and money.

Don't ever use A & E because their customer service is pathetic. They say they care about your business on the phone but in reality they could care less. The "Supervisor" I spoke to today told me she would report my problem to the billing department but it would take 7-10 for them to contact me. Can you imagine 7-10 days?????

I also reported the charge to my credit card company but I have to wait till the charge posts to my account before they can challenge the charge against this company. Hopefully, I will get some of my money back. I really am angry and feel as though I was totally blindsided with these additional charges.

Debra stern
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2008 07:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-E-Factory-Service-Of-Plantation-Florida/Plantation-Florida-33313/A-E-Factory-Service-Of-Plantation-Florida-Totally-overcharged-for-what-was-actually-done-381009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A & E Factory Service Of Plantation Florida

Bad Service but wrong company..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You should actually be more upset at Whirlpool. There is no reason any Tech would have to come to your house for an issue with instructions. At the very least Whirlpool should have directed you to the manual. But your dispute with the CC probably won't work, because it is with A&E and they performed a valid service.

A&E gave you the price for the "Service Call" which is the cost to just show up. They also probably have a minimum charge of 1 Hour so if their hourly rate is $75 even if they were there for 5 Minutes they charge you for the hour. So you can use this for future reference to get more detail when getting price quotes.

If the dispute does not work you may want to get a hold of Whirlpool and see if they are willing to do anything.