Complaint Review: A+ Gentle Dental

• Submitted: Fri, May 11, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, May 14, 2007

• Reported By:Oceanside California
A+ Gentle Dental
2216 El Camino Real, Ste. 121 Oceanside, California U.S.A.

A+ Gentle Dental Fraudgulent billing, Office Manager making dental decisions Oceanside California

*Consumer Suggestion: Insurance fraud...why is officer manager Dawn Ramirez giving medical advice?

My Dental Experience
Please, anyone thinking of using this dental group, don't. I have never been treated with less compassion & understanding. My first trip was a whirlwind of people scurrying around me. The dentist, can't tell you her name, as she did not even introduce herself nor did the second dentist I saw a couple weeks later.

After the exam, a girl came in and told me what I would owe after my insurance paid. She had, in hand, a credit card slip for me to sign and pay back monthly. Interesting that they collect the money up front before any procedures are performed. I thought it strange that she didn't want to see my insurance card but trusted that they were honest.

I had a couple visits and deep cleanings which irritated a tooth that the dentist said I would have to have removed at a later date. I was in pain for 3 days and went in for the extraction. Here comes the girl wanting $350.00. She said $175 for the extraction and $175 for Nitros. I did not want the Nitros but she said it was policy and I had to have it and pay for it.

My extraction should have been $7.00 after insurance but wait, she says I don't have insurance, I'm a cash customer. At that point I got up and went to the front desk and asked to see my paper work on what was being done and how the charges were broken up. Nope, can't show me that and I still haven't seen it. She said the manager Dawn would have to help with that.

As I'm writing my phone rang and the credit card company they deal with has my address wrong and wants to send me my payment book. They have already paid them $1540 for procedures that haven't and won't be performed. Told him to tear up the contract. Seems like this is something that would have been done before giving me a total. I returned today to speak with Dawn but she couldn't help me and told me she would call me Monday. I told her you can't make people take Nitros and she said yes she could or I could go elsewhere. I am!

Katherine
Oceanside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2007 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-Gentle-Dental/Oceanside-California-92056/A-Gentle-Dental-Fraudgulent-billing-Office-Manager-making-dental-decisions-Oceanside-Cal-248212. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A+ Gentle Dental

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Insurance fraud...why is officer manager Dawn Ramirez giving medical advice?

AUTHOR: Danielle - (U.S.A.)

Katherine:

I can certainly identify with your experience at A+ Gentle Dental.

Please write a letter of complaint to:

Dental Board of California
American Dental Association
Delta Dental
Your insurance company

Will you also contact our local News stations?

Negative media exposure will be the quickest way to best inform other innocent people of the shady and corrupt practices of A+ Gentle Dental of Oceanside.

There is strength in numbers.

Please write those complaints and contact the media.

These are not isolated incidents.

Danielle