Complaint Review: A Los Angeles Clown and Character

• Updated: Fri, September 09, 2011

• Reported By: Ari — Montebello California United States of America
A Los Angeles Clown and Character
11162 Viking Ave Northridge, California United States of America

A Los Angeles Clown and Character Aaron's Happy Kids Entertainment, Don't waste your time trying to get a job here if you're not Barbie! Northridge, California

I was desperate for a job and found this company looking for people via Craigslist.  Having previous experience in this industry, I followed their detailed instructions from their ad.  A week later, I heard back.  I had missed their call but called back immediately and did not hear back for another week.

Finally, when I heard back (after calling every day), I was told about their 3 step process to ensure that I was a fit for the job:  1.  Go to one of the parties they were hired for and see what they do  2.  Try on costumes to make sure you're comfortable 3.  Be trained for 4 hrs. unpaid.

They scheduled me to drive out to a party 40 miles away from where I live.  I was there a few minutes early, as instructed, waiting suspiciously as I was standing outside this person's house waiting for what turned into 30 minutes.  The clown showed up late, and I shadowed him.  Although the show was sub-par and he had a bad attitude both towards me and the party-goers, I was still interested.

I called back the next day, again as instructed, only to get their voicemail.  I tried again the next few days and still heard nothing.  When I finally received a phone call back, it was the same guy who I had talked to before and who was the clown at the party I attended.  First on his agenda was to aggressively defend himself about not calling back.  He then said that if I was still interested I could come in to try the costumes (he would call me to set up a date) but that I would have to be okay with not getting very many jobs due to my "size".  However, in the original response to the ad I had to include a picture, my height, and my weight which he did not mention as an issue when we first talked.

I agreed that my lack of party option due to my "size" would be okay and that I would be available to be trained asap.  Three weeks later, I still have not heard back and after reading reviews about their company I am glad I am not associated with them.  Do not apply!  You'll waste time and money driving out to a party, only to never hear back again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2011 07:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-Los-Angeles-Clown-and-Character/Northridge-California-91326/A-Los-Angeles-Clown-and-Character-Aarons-Happy-Kids-Entertainment-Dont-waste-your-time-774994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A Los Angeles Clown and Character