Complaint Review: A MATTER OF FAX .COM

• Updated: Mon, November 16, 2009

• Reported By: Myrtle — Alexandria Virginia United States of America
A MATTER OF FAX .COM
105 Harrison Avenue Harrison, New Jersey United States of America

A MATTER OF FAX .COM A TOTAL RIP-OFF!! BEWARE OF SHIPPING CHARGES WHICH YOU DON'T REQUEST Harrison, New Jersey

I ordered a Toshiba lamp ($124) for my TV from this company as it was the cheapest one on the web and advertised free shipping.  I requested free shipping and received an email confirming that the order was being processed - no invoice or breakdown of what I had ordered was indicated.  The lamp burned out one day after we received it, and I returned it to them under the 90 day warranty, and asked for a refund since they were in the process of changing to a better supplier, as it appears that they had many complaints on these lamps.  I then received my credit card bill and saw that I had been charged a total of $197.63!  I immediately tried to find the find the invoice which was not reflected in any of their confirmation emails.  I eventually made my way to their customer service link under which you can print out the invoice.  Imagine my shock to see 2 day shipping charges of $73.63 included in my invoice.  When I called them up, they told me that I had to have clicked on the 2 day request (which I definitely did not - why would I pay shipping charges that cost more than half the price of the lamp when I could get free shipping from them).  While the customer service people I talk to are very nice on the phone and have refunded $124, they tell me they can do nothing about the shipping costs since they were paid to the supplier.  I am contacting my credit card company to see if I can challenge the charge, but I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN!  I see from previous posts that this is not the first time it happened....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2009 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-MATTER-OF-FAX-COM/Harrison-New-Jersey-07029/A-MATTER-OF-FAX-COM-A-TOTAL-RIP-OFF-BEWARE-OF-SHIPPING-CHARGES-WHICH-YOU-DONT-REQUES-524199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A MATTER OF FAX .COM