Complaint Review: A Matter of Fax

• Updated: Fri, October 05, 2012

• Reported By: Amelia — charlottesville Virginia United States of America
A Matter of Fax
105 Harrison Ave Harrison NJ 07029 Internet United States of America

A Matter of Fax Tried to invoice twice advertised amount, lied about item, shipped smashed item a month late, attempted bait & switch Internet

Bulb blew on our TV a month ago. Hopped online and ordered a bulb immediately. Thought I had found a good price here. Unchecked the warranty because the warranty costs as much as the bulb itself. Got the invoice and it was twice as much (they added the warranty anyway) Called them and had them fix it. Got the price back to what it was supposed to be. Later that day I got a call from Matter of Fax asking me if I was sure that I wanted that bulb, or if I'd rather have essentially the same bulb for twice as much. Guy said the difference was name brand vs generic. I said I'll stick with the generic, but thanks for asking. (I thought this was kinda fishy) I asked when I would receive the bulb. he said 2 to 3 business days. A week later still no bulb. I called, they said that it was on order and should ship in a few days. A week later I called again, they said the same thing. Already I was upset that they sold me a product that they didn't even have, and then lied to me about it.

Finally, a month after I placed the order, the bulb shows up. It was wrapped in bubble tape and placed in a box that in turn was placed in another box that was full of packing peanuts. BUT, the casing was broken, every clip inside that holds the bulb was broken, the metal bracket around the bulb was bent with both plastic screw brackets broken and the bulb and literally 10 pieces of broken plastic were rattling around inside the broken casing. It was obvious that this unit was smashed to pieces before it was ever even packaged and shipped out. This is the worse customer experience I have ever encountered. Do NOT do business with these people. We are changing our credit card number because of this. These guys bait and switch on purpose, and will send you broken items on purpose in an attempt to make more money off of you with their return policy and 'restocking' fees.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2012 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-Matter-of-Fax/internet/A-Matter-of-Fax-Tried-to-invoice-twice-advertised-amount-lied-about-item-shipped-smashe-951321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A Matter of Fax