Complaint Review: A Penbrook Productions Company

• Submitted: Fri, May 02, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 02, 2008

• Reported By:Glen Campbell Pennsylvania
A Penbrook Productions Company
19800 MacArthur Blvd, Ste 300 Irvine, California U.S.A.

A Penbrook Productions Company Bait and Switch Irvine California

Greetings, I want to tell you about a "processing rebates in the comfort of your home" scam by Angel Penbrook Productions Company.

Being disabled, I thought, "I can definitely process rebates". I went through the whole advertising process, all the while thinking "Yes, this sounds reasonable. I can do this." It all sounded so plausible. I fell for it hook, line and sinker.

I paid by $197 by my Visa card at Bank of America. Then, suddenly, the web pages I got were no longer for processing rebates at home. Suddenly I was redirected to other web sites with training aides telling me how I could make money by signing up with Clickbank and doing affiliate marketing. That was NOT what I signed up for.

I immediately clicked out of that place and went to my bank account...less than 1 minute transpiring between clicking and sending my money and getting into my account.

The debit was alreading in the bank and pending.

I called the bank's freud division and they said they can not halt the debit process but I must call Saturday and report this whole sordid affair to their freud department. I will do this.

Bank of America Freud division then said I should call the company at 1 800 787 8042 (BofA provided the number from the debit transaction information) and tell them to stop the payment to them from their end and that if they don't I will report them for freud and dispute the charge etc.

I called and the phone rang and rang and rang, then gave a busy signal and then it went offline. I repeated this every hour all morning. Same result.

I will also contact the FCC.

I think we should institute a class action suit. My time to deal with this problems costs me money.

Scamvictim
Glen Campbell, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2008 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-Penbrook-Productions-Company/Irvine-California-92612/A-Penbrook-Productions-Company-Bait-and-Switch-Irvine-California-330101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A Penbrook Productions Company