Complaint Review: A Plus Appliances

• Submitted: Mon, May 19, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 19, 2008

• Reported By:Thornton Colorado
A Plus Appliances
8621 Washington St. Thornton, Colorado U.S.A.

A Plus Appliances Denied a refund for a returned appliance, after promising to refund; denied store credit for return after promising store credit Thornton Colorado

I purchased a used refrigerator on 18MAY2008, and was told by the employee, Felix, that if we had any problems, to return the item. We got it to our house and realized that it was not going to fit through our door. We returned the refrigerator to Felix, and asked if we could get the money reimbursed on my debit card, which was my original purchase method. He stated that they could do that but he did not know how to perform the transaction. He told me to come back the following day on 19MAY2008, and speak to Josh, the store manager, and he would gladly do the refund. He kept the refrigerator at the store.

I went in on 19MAY2008 to get my refund, and was told that they could not refund my money because they have a policy of "all sales are final". I asked him (Josh) to show me where the policy was posted, and it was posted in the back in an area that said "do not enter, employees only". He further stated that the employee that sold us the refrigerator and accepted it as a return had no authority to promise a refund, but he did. I then asked for the store credit he previously offered and was told by a different employee (owner, I think), that I could not get store credit either, that I had to accept the refrigerator.

The manager stated that the refrigerator was damaged, but since they kept it overnight through the next day, it is unknown if they damaged it, as it was returned in the same condition as when we bought it, and we were not told by "Felix" the employee who accepted the return, that it was damaged when we returned it. So, our only option was to take the now damaged refrigerator and try to sell it.

I think this is poor business practices, poor customer service, and that the company needs to educate their employees on their policies before leaving them alone to run the store and make promises to customers that cannot be kept.

Bonnie
Thornton, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2008 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-Plus-Appliances/Thornton-Colorado-80260/A-Plus-Appliances-Denied-a-refund-for-a-returned-appliance-after-promising-to-refund-den-333603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A Plus Appliances